Menu

Ds4's feet haven't grown

lovinmyboys

How worried should I be about this? He has definitely grown judging by the clothes that no longer fit him. But, he has been in a size 9 toddler shoe since June of 2015. They may have been a little big then, but they aren't too small now and the 10s I got him at Christmas are too big. Is that weird? He is totally healthy as far as I know. Doesn't a size 9 seem really small for a kid turning 5 in a few months? He wears a size 5 shirt and pants. At his 4yr old well check he was in the 40% for height and about 25% for weight-so smaller than average but not tiny.

He has 3 older brothers who seem to go through a few shoe sizes a year.

my kids are on the small side and they have always gone up a shoe size about a year at the most. If it was more than a year I never noticed but it could have been.  They wore shoes out, they didn't grow out of them. But I've never had them go through several sizes in a year.  They routinely wore the same winter boots for a couple winters.

• Like 2

my kids are on the small side and they have always gone up a shoe size about a year at the most. If it was more than a year I never noticed but it could have been. They wore shoes out, they didn't grow out of them. But I've never had them go through several sizes in a year. They routinely wore the same winter boots for a couple winters.

I don't know that I would have noticed, except I have a (cute!) video of him picking out his shoes. I went with just him which was a real treat since Dh was deployed at the time. Those shoes have been worn out but the replacements are still size 9. I'm sure it is nothing to worry about, but I was straightening his closet and started wondering.

Edited by lovinmyboys

Were the two pairs of nines different brands or styles? Sometimes the shoes fit just differently enough that you are buying the same size, but they fit bigger. I have three pairs of size fives here, all different brands, all bought to replace a different pair, and he went straight from a tight fitting Youth 5 into a men's 7.5.

• Like 1

I do not know exactly when it happens, but at some point the kangaroo feet just start growing, and growing, and growing. I was very worried about Ds. He will probably always be tiny around in frame, but gracious! He has definitely decided to grow. Keeping him in pants and shoes is getting to be tiresome and we have quite a few years left.

I very much hear you on worrying. It would have magnified mine tremendously if I had an older boy to compare him to. Your youngin' will decide one day to grow and then watch out!

• Like 1