Menu

I need more science experiments...

Heather in VA

It doesn't even need to be associated with a curriculum but I'd love more life science related experiments. We have been doing RS4K Biology and alot of reading books but my dd is begging for more experiments. Does anyone have a favorite kit or experiment laden curriculum? If it comes with supplies that would be even better.

Thanks

Home Science Adventures! We have really loved the Tasco microscope kit. Everything is included. Their customer service is great, too--when I told them we were having trouble with the battery compartment cover, they sent a new one to us (well, it's almost on it's way--I need to give them my order #).

Also, check out the Van Cleave books at the library--tons of experiments that are interesting!!

It doesn't even need to be associated with a curriculum but I'd love more life science related experiments. We have been doing RS4K Biology and alot of reading books but my dd is begging for more experiments. Does anyone have a favorite kit or experiment laden curriculum? If it comes with supplies that would be even better.

Thanks

Hi Heather!

I bought my oldest the SL Discover and Do DVD's, the experiment book and the science kits and turned her loose. :D

Heather

Timberdoodle has some kits....

Science kits

I have always wanted to try this one... but never did... Its called the young scientist club. Each kit is around $11.00 and $4.95 shipping. You can pay for 12 getting the 13th free or buy more... or get them once a month.... please check the details... its been a while since I looked into it..... ok about 5 years! lol

Young scientist club

That's a great idea. How do I know which science kit goes with which DVD? Do you need the IG or is the experiment book separate?

The other Heather :-)

I look at the packages, but know because I made notes:

Science K (or C) kit goes with Usborne Activity book 2 and Discover and Do volume 1

Science 1 kit goes with Usborne Activity book 1 and Discover and Do Volume 2.

Science 2 kit goes with Usborne Activity book 3 and Discover and Do volume 3.

Science 3 kit goes with the TOPS books (I think only those) and Discover and Do volume 4.

Science 4 kit goes with TOPS books (I assume only these, again) and Discover and Do volume 5.

Because I used Science K-2 I know that the experiments all come from the Usborne books, no IG needed. The TOPS books I know are experiments books (I have one), but I don't know if they also pulled from other texts in Science 3 and 4.

Heather/siloam