Menu

Single Cup/Pod Coffee Makers: Do you have one you love?

I'm in the market for a new single cup coffee maker. I've had a Black & Decker Home Cafe for about 2 years. Dh has stolen it though, and has told me to get what I want to replace it (he figured I'd want a new one instead of him :D). I bought the Home Cafe on clearance just to see if I liked it, so I never really researched.

So, do you have one you love?

I have a Senseo. I had gotten it free when they had a promotion trying to get people to try it. It works just fine. The coffee tastes strong to me if I make it with the two pods for the big mug size, so I just use one pod. I love it for making tea and heating up water for hot chocolate too. I guess I can't really complain at all about it. The price was right and it does it's job just fine. However, if I were to buy one, I would probably get a Kuerig so I could get the Green Mountain coffee k-cups. We love Green Mountain coffee.

Yep, I'll second the Keurig. Dh got me one for Christmas. At the time, I didn't really drink much coffee, so my first reaction was "oh, that's nice". BUT, now we drink coffee all the time! And my kids love the hot cocoa. Now if we could just connect it right to our water line, we'd be all set! Is there anything specific you wanted to know?

JudoMom - I have the B50. I'm not sure what the difference is between the two. I do know that dh got mine at BJs & it came with (I believe) four of boxes of k-cups. I think one was cocoa, then two coffees and one variety pack (which, I have to say, was a lot of fun). Dh figured that we didn't really drink much coffee, so if we made pots (even smaller ones), we'd still be throwing a lot of coffee away. Plus, a fresh cup is always better, right? Good luck convincing your dh!

Would this Kuerig be good? I doubt I can convince dh that I need a $100 coffee maker, but I might try :D.

I got this for Christmas. I'm a very happy woman. And Timothy's brand organic coffee in the pods is simply divine. Yum!

(I also got the pod adapter so I can use my own coffee if I want. You just empty it after each use.)

I got this for Christmas. I'm a very happy woman. And Timothy's brand organic coffee in the pods is simply divine. Yum!

(I also got the pod adapter so I can use my own coffee if I want. You just empty it after each use.)

Have you used the pod adapter? Does it work well?

Are there really folks out there who only drink one cup of coffee???

\_/7

Yep! I drink one cup of coffee. Then I go back and make another. I never said it was logical, that's just how we rationalized it. See, sometimes the study of logic is not a good thing. :D Actually, since we got the Keurig I drink a lot more coffee - more than I would have anticipated!

I have a Senseo and enjoy it. Of course, I put in one pod and push the two cup button. And then I go back and make a 2nd two-cup coffee with the same pod! I am cheap and willing to drink weak coffee to get my money's worth out of one pod. :) But I really like all of the flavors and my kids enjoy making the coffee which is a wonderful thing early in the morning!

Actually, since we got the Keurig I drink a lot more coffee - more than I would have anticipated!

I have noticed the same thing since I received my Keurig as a christmas present from my family. My current fave is the Newman's Own organic by Green Mountain coffee. I get the extra bold and then just add a little water to full up my big mug, it ends up really smooth that way.

Blessings,

Are there really folks out there who only drink one cup of coffee???

\_/7

Yep. And my husband HATES the smell of coffee, so this minimizes it. French press wastes coffee (even when you're trying to make a single cup -- or maybe especially when you're trying make a single cup!), drip makes too much except the one the drips into the plastic (argh!) travel mug. So this is just perfect. Plus you have instant hot water for miso soup or tea or instant cocoa, or when you need boiling water for a recipe.

Handy gadget. Good coffee. Now if I can find Timothy's pods locally, I'll be in business.

Senseo here, and it's great. I'm usually a coffee snob, but I haven't bought the fancy pods online and I'm perfectly happy. I get Senseo pods, at SuperTarget, for that first cup of coffee in the morning. Once I'm awake :) I make my own pod with a regular paper basket filter and whatever good coffee I want -- google for instructions -- makes nice coffee super quick, and isn't quite as much of a price jump over making a pot of coffee the regular way.

My kids are delighted that they can use the Senseo for hot water for instant cocoa. No more waiting for water to heat in the kettle on the stove. I still use the kettle for tea water, 'cause I make a big teapot full.