Menu

ppl in my town are complaining we have too many police

in my town, a group is complaining at city council meetings that the town has too many police officers. Dh and I moved to this town 20 years ago because of its safe reputation. In the 20 years we have lived here there have been about 3 or 4 murders total and they were all domestic disputs. The newspaper article said that people feel secure enough to jog or walk their dogs at all hours of the night, That is true, dh often takes a late night walk and never worries. I feel so safe in this town , why are people compaining? If we had tons of crime, these same people would be compaining that there are not enought police lol.

I am reading the newspaper and this article about "too Many Police" complaining group just really irked me.

Some people are never happy unless they have something to complain about.

If it's not too many police officers, it would be something else that was getting knickers in a twist. Something like the grass is too green, the sky is too blue, the street lights are too tall.

It seems to me that what they're really complaining about is that they feel their taxes are too high. They're using a false argument to target the police department for budget reduction: If there's no crime there must be too many police officers, so why are we paying for them? The reality of the situation is most likely that there's no crime because there are "too many" police officers. Maybe you could write a letter to the editor explaining that point?

Well, i'm apt to think we have too many in my town - BUT, they run A LOT of calls, because of the age make up of the area, there are a lot that wouldn't be tolerated in other areas (older people needing checked up on and such).

So, i support what they need 100% - and my dealings with them on various occasions have all been pleasant.

So yes, i'm with Amy - they are probably complaining about paying for it! LOL!