Menu

What are our Latin options?

momtolgd

We are doing SSL now. In the fall the older kids will be 9 (August) and 7 (October). We would like to do the classical pronunciation. What are our options? I've been looking at Minimus and Lively Latin...what other options should I take a look at (and which should I avoid?)

Thanks. :001_smile:

I really liked using Latin's Not So Tough Level 1 to get the letter sounds. That's something we did along side Song School Latin and Minimus. We used SSL as our main program and Minimus was a fun supplement. I imagine we'll go through it again at some point.

I hadn't planned on continuing with Latin this year, but Canon Press is having a $1-$3 sale on their damaged/overstock books. I went ahead and bought levels 1 and 2 of Matin Latin, so we'll see how that goes.

I hadn't planned on continuing with Latin this year, but Canon Press is having a $1-$3 sale on their damaged/overstock books. I went ahead and bought levels 1 and 2 of Matin Latin, so we'll see how that goes.

Audrey,

Have you looked at this curriculum in hand? I'm curious how easy it is to follow and do with dd. I have no latin background. So I'm at the mercy of these boards and good curriculum for this subject. lol.

Thanks!

Beth

Audrey,

Have you looked at this curriculum in hand? I'm curious how easy it is to follow and do with dd. I have no latin background. So I'm at the mercy of these boards and good curriculum for this subject. lol.

Thanks!

Beth

Not yet, but I couldn't resist the price. I've been toying with using it for over a year.