Menu

NY Flyover....

It reminds me of a child who (or some adults I know) who know the trouble they're going to get in for doing something but decide to just do it and apologize later. It's easier to apologize for doing something you want to do than asking permission beforehand. Though why in the world they had to be so secretive in the first place is ridiculous anyway. :glare:

ANYONE EVER HEARD OF PHOTOSHOP?????? I could fix 'em up with a nice photo and only charge them half what they spent that day....maybe even a little less. :lol:

Yes. Childish, immature, uninformed, and insensitive.

And this from a White House office.

This was either set up by an elected official, or an appointee of an elected official.

Our tax dollars at work.:glare:

and I can tell you I'd be in a panic if not full-blow heart attack mode.

We live in Northern Va. On September 11 I was home with my two children. I listened as commuters reported to the talk radio station that they had bits of aircraft fall through their sunroof. The report of American airlines jet slam into the Pentagon...and then the towers..

I had never felt so helpless in all my life. Where are you gonna put your babies and make sure they are safe when you are being attacked from the sky??

It's unforgivable and people should be FIRED. Hasn't anyone heard of PHOTOSHOP. Perhaps we can give our VP the "number" to the website.

I'm sorry, I'm still angry.

Kim

and I can tell you I'd be in a panic if not full-blow heart attack mode.

We live in Northern Va. On September 11 I was home with my two children. I listened as commuters reported to the talk radio station that they had bits of aircraft fall through their sunroof. The report of American airlines jet slam into the Pentagon...and then the towers..

I had never felt so helpless in all my life. Where are you gonna put your babies and make sure they are safe when you are being attacked from the sky??

It's unforgivable and people should be FIRED. Hasn't anyone heard of PHOTOSHOP. Perhaps we can give our VP the "number" to the website.

I'm sorry' date=' I'm still angry.

Kim[/quote']

Oh man!! I hadn't seen the video yet. I just clicked on your link just now and I am FURIOUS too!! How could any one be that insensitive. Did you see the people saying OMG and running away. Ugh!! That's such a horrible thing to do. There is no excuse for that. Sept. 11 was a horrible day that will live in infamy for all of us. I just cannot imagine the White House doing something so callus as this for a mere photo op!! Ugh. I better stop now before I start cussin!! :rant::angry::banghead:

What is really insane is that the flyover was cleared by officials in NY and NJ. Stupidity and insanity all around!

Every official that knew about this should be held accountable and an apology is only a good start.

I read that Bloomberg didn't know.

Louis E. Caldera, director of the White House Military Office, issued an apology this afternoon.

"Last week, I approved a mission over New York. I take responsibility for that decision," he said in a statement. "While federal authorities took the proper steps to notify state and local authorities in New York and New Jersey, it’s clear that the mission created confusion and disruption. I apologize and take responsibility for any distress that flight caused."

Aides said that President Obama was mad and that senior administration officials let Caldera know during an afternoon meeting, The New York Times says.

I heard Obama ordered a full review of what happened and that it's quite possible Caldera will lose his job.

I say good riddance.

From the WSJ, Someone from the Mayor's office did know:

He chastised his own office for its role in keeping the flyover secret. On Thursday night, city officials say, a junior mayoral aide had been alerted to the flyover by the Federal Aviation Administration, which requested that it be kept secret. Someone in City Hall alerted the New York Police Department, but no public announcement was made

It defies logic that the president didn't know. Please. :glare: I find that part of the story laughable. I agree that the govt. does what it wants b/c they can.

I think the president is too busy to know about a photoshoot. I don't believe he was told.

Although it defies logic that one of the mayor's aids knew and didn't tell the mayor. The mayor doesn't have quite the same schedule as the Pres.

It defies logic that the president didn't know. Please. :glare: I find that part of the story laughable. I agree that the govt. does what it wants b/c they can.

That's why the president has people. He can't be a one man show. He's supposed to be able to depend on his people to do their best and represent him and his office in a good light.