Menu

NOW, I/we need a new blender! Any recommendations?

I had a Waring that lasted many many years. When it finally died I went cheap and have paid the price for that by only getting a few uses out of it and a hassle with the store AND manufacturer over it. :glare:

Any recommendations on a durable, long lasting, worth every penny type of blender? Are Waring blenders still made to last? What about those KitchenAids?

We would use it for making milkshakes, smoothies, and doing science projects.:D (and no, we didn't use the last one for science projects. It's cheap plastic didn't hold up) :001_huh:

TIA!

I'm almost ready for a new blender. My current one is a cheapie and the plastic pitcher has been dropped too many times. For that reason, I do want another plastic pitcher (the kids somehow dropped it the first time and caused the most damage, but I've dropped it since then and made it worse).

I'm still going to get a cheap one, but I'm also going to get this additional blade

41d7xPSUBDL._SL110_.jpg

It's for milkshakes, but it sounds like it'll blend a lot of other things nicely too. It's Oster.

I love my KA blender!
What is KA? We need a better, more durable, maybe larger motor blender too! We do lots of smoothie drinks, especially in the summer. The one we have now doesn't do well with anything even sort of frozen, and doesn't blend that well, or without a lot of work! I'm hoping people chime in here, then I can go research them! I want to get a new one for Mother's Day! :D

:bigear::lurk5:

We need a better, more durable, maybe larger motor blender too! We do lots of smoothie drinks, especially in the summer. The one we have now doesn't do well with anything even sort of frozen, and doesn't blend that well, or without a lot of work!

I might need to look into something stronger/more durable too, even though I really want that milkshake blade.

A few days ago I blended some strawberry "spread"--that is, it was labeled as spread, but it was not spreadable. So I blended it. But my blender didn't really like that and started smoking. I did get it all done, but just had to take it easy, pulse & stir, etc...

When mine goes, I'll be springing for a VitaMix.

As far as KitchenAid, well, I recently called to buy new burrs for my coffee grinder (which they have made since 1937) only to be told they no longer make or have parts (which need to be periodically replaced) since they discontinued it two years ago. The standards have really dropped since Whirlpool bought KitchenAid. I will not be buying another appliance from them, as they are no longer interested in longevity of their products. Just my $.02, of course.

We bought a VitaMix when they were doing a demo at Costco and I have never been sorry. We have had it for years, use it all the time, and it really does blend anything easily and well. I had several different blenders before this one and I am pretty sure the combined prices added up to the price of the VitaMix, which as far as I can tell I won't have to replace for a very long time - I may have to put it in my will so my kids won't fight over it. :001_smile:

I have been really happy with Oster. They have a good strong motor and they have great customer service. When I called to order a new lid because ds melted the first in the dishwasher, they sent me a new one no questions asked, for free! When the screen went out on it (they not longer make the model - as it had too many problems), they replaced the entire blender, no problem and it was here in a few days.

The one I have now, I have used several times a day to blend ice and it still works great. Very smooth puree, and it still works just like the first day it arrived. We wash every thing in the dishwasher (we don't use heat to dry), wipe down the base. They all look good still, the seals are still tight, and the blades sharp, all after being used well over 1000 times.

I haven't been as lucky with other brands and their customer service. Oster will stand behind their product if something does go wrong.

We bought a VitaMix when they were doing a demo at Costco and I have never been sorry. We have had it for years, use it all the time, and it really does blend anything easily and well. I had several different blenders before this one and I am pretty sure the combined prices added up to the price of the VitaMix, which as far as I can tell I won't have to replace for a very long time - I may have to put it in my will so my kids won't fight over it. :001_smile:

I agree 100% I use mine every single day, often more than once. And with a 7 year warranty, you can't really go wrong! I got mine refurbished too - so you can save a little money there, it works perfectly and has the same warranty.

I love my Bamix hand blender. I have a nice blender that goes on my mixer but rarely use it. I use my Bamix daily.

http://www.pleasanthillgrain.com/best_immersion_blenders_bamix_bosch_viking_torrey_commercial.aspx

You can get cheeper models but like the blender you described, they don't last. I would go through a couple of them a year at least. I have had my Bamix now for over 3 yrs.

I haven't been as lucky with other brands and their customer service. Oster will stand behind their product if something does go wrong.

That's good to know, Tap. It's good to hear about good customer service - I like to buy from those companies.