Check out my brunch menu please - I need another suggestion

We are serving brunch to 35 -

we're having:

breakfast casserole - thanks Sharon in SC

veggie tray with dip

muffins

Quiver's cinnamon rolls

and fruit salad or fruit pieces - not sure which way I'm going with that yet

do we need another addition? I'm not sure about the muffins AND cinnamon rolls - I was thinking coffee cake but that's a bread too????

The casserole takes care of egg, meat, cheese and potatoes so I'm really not sure what else to serve.

These guys can eat so I need something else...needs to be make ahead too.

We are serving brunch to 35 -

we're having

breakfast casserole - thanks Sharon in SC

veggie tray with dip

muffins

Quiver's cinnamon rolls

and fruit salad or fruit pieces - not sure which way I'm going with that yet

do we need another addition? I'm not sure about the muffins AND cinnamon rolls - I was thinking coffee cake but that's a bread too????

The casserole takes care of egg, meat, cheese and potatoes so I'm really not sure what else to serve.

These guys can eat so I need something else...needs to be make ahead too.

I'd skip the muffins since you're doing Quiver's cinn. rolls and add a ham biscuit or some other kind of meaty/carb combo option. I know you have meat in the casserole, and that meat is the most expensive addition...but IMHO, nothing satisfies hungry eaters like protein!

I've got lots of Southern in my roots, though, so I'm not even sure ham biscuits are something remotely familiar to other parts of the country. :rolleyes:

Doran

I'm not sure you really need more, but I'd agree with whoever said some kind of meat. Another hot main-dish thing (if you decide you need more) is biscuits and gravy. You can make both of those things ahead, and put the gravy in a small crockpot to warm beforehand. It's hearty, but also very economical, imo.

~Julie~