Menu

Why does everything "pop" when you get older??

You're no spring chicken anymore, hon.

LOL I know! It stinks too because I still feel like I'm 17 in my mind. I think I can do whatever I want and my body says, "NOOO you can't!";) Not to mention I look in the mirror and ask, "who are you??" hehehe:tongue_smilie:

Yeah - and who stuck those little brown age spots on my hands? I have Grandma hands!!!!! And don't get me started on DNS - Deficient Noun Syndrome ("Child, hand me that, that....thing I use to open the can. The screwdriver, no - spatula,....no - CAN OPENER!!")

I will be officially Older Than Dirt this June 27th.

DNS - it makes me quite at home among the old folks at my mom's retirement center. They tell me that I shouldn't have these problems. But I tell them that it doesn't have anything to do with age, it was those ... thingamabobs, you know the thing they give you when you have a ... what's it called ... something that cries ... oh yeah, a baby. Anyway, it's the lobotomy you get with each child - when half your brain seems to disappear.

ROFL You guys are too funny! hehehe Thanks for the laugh. I didn't realize that there was a name for what I've always called "mommy brains". Now I know... it is DNS. hehehe :)

Thanks 3littlekeets for the advice on the Glucosamine. I haven't taken it before. The pops don't really bother me, I was just more wondering why it happens when you get older. :) I'll probably try the glucosamine just to see what it does though. :) Thanks. :)

We call it CRS around here (Can't Remember "Stuff")...anyway, Glucosamine is very helpful. Remember to drink lots of water to lubricate your joints, skin, etc. :001_smile:

I am wondering what exactly is "older than dirt?" I'm afraid that I may have missed an important milestone.

Edited by AnnetteB
typo and clarification

Yeah - and who stuck those little brown age spots on my hands? I have Grandma hands!!!!! And don't get me started on DNS - Deficient Noun Syndrome ("Child, hand me that, that....thing I use to open the can. The screwdriver, no - spatula,....no - CAN OPENER!!")

I will be officially Older Than Dirt this June 27th.

I have this too! Sometimes I actually have the correct word in mind but when I open my mouth something else entirely pops out and sometimes totally random things just pop out. It would be amusing if it wasn't so scary.

great, I'm not the only one with DNS. My daughter just told me last week that I need to start saying what I actually mean. Instead of pointing, saying that, that. I am actually wondering how am I going to HS this kids when I can't even remember the names of simple things like spoon and cup.:tongue_smilie:

I'm a future HMSCer, thank you for bringing it up. I feel better now.:D

We call is CRS around here...anyway, Glucosamine is very helpful. Remember to drink lots of water to lubricate your joints, skin, etc. :001_smile:

I am wondering what exactly is "older than dirt?" I'm afraid that I may have missed an important milestone.

ROFL :lol::lol::lol: Oh man!! And what a milestone! hehehehehe

I drink probably close to a gallon of water a day. I'll give the Glucosamine a shot and see what it does. But does anybody actually know what physciologically causes the pops?? I'm just curious. It might be a good trivia thing to know for cocktail parties when I'm out hobnobbing in South Hampton. Yeah right! hehehe:tongue_smilie:

I just read recently that regular (at least three times a week) sexual intercourse lubricates those joints.. Just something to know ;)

Um, hon.. can you.. lubricate my joints? :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: I'm sure that a man is the one who came up with that treatment. hehehe :)

great' date=' I'm not the only one with DNS. My daughter just told me last week that I need to start saying what I actually mean. Instead of pointing, saying that, that. I am actually wondering how am I going to HS this kids when I can't even remember the names of simple things like spoon and cup.:tongue_smilie:

I'm a future HMSCer, thank you for bringing it up. I feel better now.:D[/quote']

LOOOOL :lol::lol::lol::lol: