Menu

Girl Scout cookies are evil....

I bought 4 boxes from the neighbor and put them in the freezer last week. DH is gone, the boys have had 3 cookies each and yet...2 whole boxes are missing. Evil, I tell you...

And worse, the boys know how many boxes were purchased (they imagined "one for each person in our family":glare:). So now I need to find replacements for the 2 "missing" boxes.

Evil is the right word.

These cookies still contain partially hydrogenated oils, and play fast and loose with the truth by claiming to be "trans-fat free", when it simply is not true.

There is no way I'd serve a Girl Scout cookie to a child (or anyone else) in good conscious. They are and unhealthful threat to human life and health.

Bil

Evil is the right word.

These cookies still contain partially hydrogenated oils, and play fast and loose with the truth by claiming to be "trans-fat free", when it simply is not true.

There is no way I'd serve a Girl Scout cookie to a child (or anyone else) in good conscious. They are and unhealthful threat to human life and health.

Bil

How do they get away with that?

I do wish they would put the Trans fats back into Oreos. They used to be delicious and I knew that I was eating garbage.:lol:

How do they get away with that?

I do wish they would put the Trans fats back into Oreos. They used to be delicious and I knew that I was eating garbage.:lol:

Because Government regulations allow for a cookie with .5 grams of "trans-fat" per serving size to be called "trans-fat free". Does this make sense? Is it mathematically true? Does it help consumers avoid trans-fats in the "food" they feed their children? NO!

The GSA also substituted out just enough hydrogenated oils to meet the "threshold" but replaced them with other saturated fats like Palm Oil.

The labeling and claims by the GSA while "legal", are deceptive and untrue.

Bill

Because Government regulations allow for a cookie with .5 grams of "trans-fat" per serving size to be called "trans-fat free". Does this make sense? Is it mathematically true? Does it help consumers avoid trans-fats in the "food" they feed their children? NO!

The GSA also substituted out just enough hydrogenated oils to meet the "threshold" but replaced them with other saturated fats like Palm Oil.

The labeling and claims by the GSA while "legal", are deceptive and untrue.

Bill

Bill, isn't something ever so yummy that it's worth eating a little crap for (bad choice of words? maybe:001_smile:) What exactly do you eat to indulge?

I do not have your kind of food conviction. I wish I did.

Bill, isn't something ever so yummy that it's worth eating a little crap for (bad choice of words? maybe:001_smile:) What exactly do you eat to indulge?

I do not have your kind of food conviction. I wish I did.

A piece of dark chocolate is pretty yummy treat.

But I'm convinced hydrogenated oils are a grave threat to human health. So on this front, unlike most areas in life, I'm a hard-liner.

Bill

ETA: Good choice of words ;)