Menu

Yet one more reason why I homeschool - staged fights at school

Wow! That is amazing. A steel cage? Do you think it's partly because teachers are often very young these days and are much older than the high school students? Some of these inner city schools aren't getting very good quality teachers anyway. I remember once visiting my parents in NM. On the scroll at the bottom of the news it said,"New Mexico says it again cannot hire quality teachers". What kind of teachers are they hiring?

Kelly

What kind of teachers are they hiring?
There was a piece in the news a year or so ago about how many times some of their teacher took the state exam before passing. Twenty, 30, 40, times. One teacher took the exam more than 50 times! The superintendent was quoted as saying that the "quality of the teacher was not determined by how many times they took the exam." :glare: I now use that line when people question me about my ability to teach my own child without a teaching degree.

Some of these inner city schools aren't getting very good quality teachers anyway. Kelly

Did anyone notice that the former principal at the school used the word "ain't?"

"Ain't nothing to comment on. It never did happen. I never put a stop to anything because it never happened."

I think we should demand that all principals and teachers in this country use correct grammar! And of course, don't allow students fighting in cages. :tongue_smilie:

Wow! That is amazing. A steel cage? Do you think it's partly because teachers are often very young these days and are much older than the high school students? Some of these inner city schools aren't getting very good quality teachers anyway. I remember once visiting my parents in NM. On the scroll at the bottom of the news it said,"New Mexico says it again cannot hire quality teachers". What kind of teachers are they hiring?

Kelly

This is the same school system that had to lay off 600 teachers because of an "accounting error" which resulted in a 64 million dollar deficit. It doesn't matter what kind of teacher you have when they have 30+ kids in each class. The fact that the Hinojosa still has his job blows my mind.