Menu

This made me so sick..Poor baby

I think the mother is 21.

That is so very sad. :( I think it is that type of news story that makes people "sick" and "crying" when others mention spanking. There is such a big difference in the two things.

That is so true (about it being sad and about how it makes people think of spanking). Anyone I've ever heard mention spanking in a young one like that was talking about a soft swat on a diapered bottom or maybe a finger flicked on a hand - not a severe beating with a belt for any length of time (let alone for over an hour).

It sounds like the the mom tried to intervene and was injured. But with it going on for so long, it makes me wonder if she was injured so badly that she couldn't get out of there and call the police.

I spanked my kids when they were little. Who would even think that a belt is something to use on a baby....to hit repeatedly...to beat for not eating. What type of terror is this? This isn't about spanking....or about using a tool to give a swat...this is about immaturity.... meanness.... Sin.... The guy is young enough that even with jail, he'll still be out young enough to have a child...or be with one. I think that he should have mandated anger management classes, be taught about child development...and then since it was just a baby...I'm sure that he could handle the same "spanking" that he gave the baby....So, to remind him....why can't it be like the "good ole days" where he's "taken out by the big boys" and had the H*ll beat out of him...to remind him about how it feels to get beat by a bigger person..... He needs some serious pain!

Carrie

Poor, poor baby! It's a shame he can't get the death penalty if she survives, (as I hope she does).

How the *^%&*^ could he beat the baby for an hour with her mother present and her not call 911 when he hit her for intervening? Gah. She needs to lose BOTH children.