Menu

Recommendations for books about raising godly men (christian content)

I'm not sure if you are looking for actual parenting books but Dobson's "Bringing up Boys" is my must-read. I love "The Squire and the Scroll" as well as her other book for read-aloud (older boys, not younger). Our sons have been strongly impacted by the movies "Facing the Giants" and "Flywheel" as far as seeing examples of godly/ungodly men. I know the Pearl's are controversial however I've found some "nuggets" from them as well.

Sorry I don't have more to offer! I'm looking forward to other's answers!

lol, my girls are spaced about the same as your boys...want to arrange some marriages?! :D

We (my husband, myself and our eldest) enjoy Jonathan Lindvall's teaching tapes and articles. He goes a little farther on some issues than we do, but our son really took his relationship series to heart. He also has some good financial advice -- again, he goes farther than we do, but we just glean from each thing what fits for us.

Thoughts for Young Men is also excellent as are some S. M. Davis teaching tapes and Reb Bradley.

We rave about Bob Schultz in this house....I really wish he'd lived to write a few more books!

Even though some of his books are aimed at boys, they are encouraging for everyone. Good stuff!

Guest janainaz

Wild at Heart? I think it is a book more about understanding boys/men. I have not read it, my dh did and he said it was really really good. I would understanding how they work would help!