Menu

slip-on summer shoes for kids?

Last summer I let my kids run around like wild animals, no shoes, ever, because they constantly come in and go out and go into neighbors' houses and then come back out again. Observe:

2828935809_21ed7627f2_m.jpg

I need to find no-tie shoes in which they can run around outside comfortably, without them falling off. Low stinkiness levels are always a bonus. Thanks!

Guest Alte Veste Academy

The Teva Psyclone sandals are THE. BEST. I will never buy another. I usually find them at a great price on Amazon or Zappos. They come in infant/toddler/kid sizes. They are quick to put on (my kids could put them on themselves at one year old), comfortable (zero complaints ever, in fact whining when they needed to wear something else), fine to get wet, quick to dry, hold up well. I have zero complaints. Best shoe ever for our Texas summers.

http://www.teva.com/ProductDetails.aspx?g=k&categoryID=50&productID=6281&model=Psyclone

http://www.amazon.com/Teva-Infant-Toddler-Psyclone-Parfait/dp/B0017L4RGE/ref=pd_bbs_2?ie=UTF8&s=shoes&qid=1236377526&sr=8-2

Ahh, the foot-bath. It is a summertime staple here too. My dd will wear crocs, but the boys not so much. One will "wear his bare feet" most of the time, the other wears his tennie shoes w/o socks (yech).

Even with crocs, we still have to do a foot-bath. The holes let in dust, which mixes with sweat or some other liquid and turns to mud, which cakes to the feet.

Fake crocs at our house!

The kids are always taking shoes on and off to go in and out of the trampoline. They usually wind up "forgetting" them outside, so it's nice to have shoes that can survive the rain or overnight dew. We also hop into the car and head for the lakes or pools without much notice, and they're perfect for that. The playground is on the beach, too, so it's nice to be able to shake the sand out easily.

Try using a Magic Eraser. They take dirt off of everything!

Its not the dirt on the shoes - it's the dirt on the kids feet. it's gross. We don't have much landscaping and have soil that sticks to sweaty feet.

Another vote for Crocs. We all wear them. Even my nearly two year old can put hers on by herself. They stay on well. You can clean them any which way you wish. And they never stink because they are not fully enclosed. We love our Crocs!

I can say this is not 100% true. Both of mine had stinky feet with their Crocs (real ones even). My youngests feet sweat A LOT - and she is my Croc lover.... they stink on her the most!

Crocs! Or Croc knock-offs. Easy to slip on and off, don't get stained, easy to just hose off, protect the foot better than flip flops (which are also faves in my house), and are easily found off season at Payless for $5 each.

This year we're going to do Land's End Terrain shoes of all kinds for all of us. lol I like the Mary Jane's for me and the girls, the slides for me and oldest dd and the sandals for the boys. (and me. LOL Notice that I will end up with about 3-4 pairs compared to the others...)

Keen's here.

Croc's is my youngest choice - but UGH, they are dirt magnets. I can't stand them.

Keen's can go in the washing machine here - stinkiness level stays low when you keep them washed! LOL!!

We wash our crocs! Not in the washing machine, but by hand with dish soap. They get c-l-e-a-n!