Menu

Wii games for 6 & 7yo girls?

My dd is having a birthday this week. Any suggestions for a good Wii game she can play with her 6 yo friend?

We have a couple Lego games (Star Wars, Indiana Jones), but they are too hard for her friend. I'm hoping to find something that the girls can play together.

Thanks!

Polly

I was going to suggest the Lego ones since my 5 yr old loves them, but that won't work.

Umm...the Petz games are fairly cheap as Wii games go and my DD loves them, and they are easy. Wii Fit is fun, but if there are issues with the Lego games then that might not work well for the little girl either (they actually require more coordination than the Lego games and you have to learn to 'use' the board). Animal Crossing is fun for little girls.

FWIW we are counting Wii fit for PE.

I forgot to say that we have Mario Kart.

Thank you for the suggestions! DH borrows games from the library and we've often found that we don't like the game enough to plunk down $50. KWIM? I knew you all would have some good suggestions.

I saw that Disney is going to come out with a DDR game (Disney Grooves) in April. I would probably get that if it was available now. We have DDR but I think it is a bit to hard for the little girls.

More suggestions are welcome. :)

My dd and her friends enjoy playing Outdoor Challenge together. Do your dd and her friends like Disney Princesses? If so, Enchanted Journey is a fun game for little girls. It's probably more suited to a 4-6 yo in terms of difficulty and Wii remote skills required, but I've seen older girls play it and have a good time. It's fun for them because 2 girls can play at one time and at the beginning you can customize your own princess complete with hair and clothes.

Gamecrazy rents games.

Purely girl games we have are the Hannah Montana game and We Cheer. dd and her friends like the Hannah Montana game. We got We Cheer at Christmas, I think it's a lot of fun. Dd loves it. If you are going to play 2 against eachother you have to own 4 controllers. The game got great reviews and it's lived up to them in our house.

Outdoor challenge is one of my family's favorites. They also really enjoy Viva Pinata and Bust-a-move. Oh, and Bubble Bobble (downloaded). Mario Kart is another one that is great (make sure you get the extra steering wheels, though to go with each controller). That makes the game, IMO.

Thank you!!! Your suggestions and reviews were greatly appreciated.

We went shopping at the local Game Stop tonight and ... the selection wasn't that great. :001_huh:

I splurged and bought Outdoor Challenge since this is something all my girls will be able to play.

Thank you again. :grouphug: