Menu

Peppy Christian music with a good beat for jogging

Okay, I'm convicted that I need to give up most of my non-Christian music (mostly 80s style pop). But I need some really upbeat stuff for running! I have it narrowed down to some songs I can keep-Walkin on Sunshine, Van Halen's Right Now, etc., because the lyrics are okay, but I'd like to expand into some really God-honoring music.

So far I have found Barlow Girl and I like some of their stuff. What else is there?

I have the song "Worth it All" by Michael W. Smith on my mp3 for working out.

Others that would be good:

(There's Gotta Be) More to Life - Stacie Orrico

God Will Lift Up Your Head - Jars of Clay

Stomp - God's Property (Feat. Kirk Franklin)

Dive - Stephen Curtis Chapman

Gone - TobyMac

Made to Love - TobyMac

Burn for You - TobyMac

Don't Get Comfortable - Brandon Heath

Thank You - 33Miles

Free to Be Me - Francesca Battistelli

Be My Escape - Relient K

Undo - Rush of Fools

One Life to Love - 33Miles

There is a God - 33Miles

Give Me Your Eyes - Brandon Heath

A Breath or Two - Jimmy Needham

I also love most everything from Casting Crowns & Third Day.

Edited by TN Mama
Had to add a few more!

I really like Switchfoot. When I was jogging regularly they were in my ipod rotation.

ETA: I forgot one! Mute Math. They have a slightly Police-ish sound. The band members are all practicing Christians but their music isn't sold under a Christian label. Their lyrics are great.

Edited by lovelearnandlive
added another band and put in some links!

• 1 year later...
Guest 5 For Sports

Dear readers of The Well-Trained Minds!

My name is Marco Brinkmann, I am a member of the Sennheiser 5 FOR SPORTS-Team. Sennheiser is a manufacturer of audio-equipment based in Germany. We are looking for music and sports enthusiasts that contribute to the successful implementation of our current campaign on the topic “Running Songsâ€.

We have started the campaign on the topic “Running Songs†at www.5-for-sports.com. You are welcome to inform us about your favorite motivational songs, in return you will have the chance to win one of the 250 prizes (e.g. Adidas sports watches, Sennheiser sports headphones or an iPod Shuffle) and our first prize – a voucher for sports equipment worth 5.555€.

Now it’s up to you. Tell us about your favorite motivational songs and help us to create the ultimate, worldwide “Running Song Chartsâ€, with songs categorized by parameters such as genre and BPM – adjusted to the individual demands of the members of the global running community. The data collected will be forwarded to a database and then analyzed.

We will keep you informed about the progress of the campaign and are looking forward to your participation.

Please do not hesitate to contact us, if you have any questions or remarks.

Kind regards,

Your 5 FOR SPORTS-Team

Great timing! I have started running recently and was looking for good songs to run to.

So far, I have found:

Relient K

Group 1 Crew

Apologetix (seriously LOVE it, they re-do songs..one is to the tune of 'I love rock n roll' but its 'i love apostle paul' good stuff)

Another song I love to run to, though it is not Christian is 'Longest Time' by Suade, just makes me feel happy =)

Good luck!