Menu

We've got electricity!!!!

It's so exciting!:party:

Winter here is somewhat challenging, with having had cuts since last September and by Feb. we were down to one hour in the evening.:001_huh: That's not much and I was getting so tired of figuring what to use the little bit for.

But since yesterday we're getting 8 hours again! Dh kept mumbling "hot showers, hot showers" and I was thinking of being on this board without feeling guilty cause I should be baking bread or something.

I know you've got power all the time, but it's so exciting, that I wanted to tell somebody!

Thanks for the reminder to be thankful for the luxuries we take for granted!

We had frequent power cuts last year, but not nearly as bad as yours. Ours were only twice a week for 4 hours at a time, so easier to plan around.

Enjoy the board time!

I hope it lasts! I was always grateful for electricity when we were in Central Asia. Kazakhstan is now blaming Tajikistan for using too much power. I can't imagine you'd agree with that. We have friends in Kyrgyzstan who are in the same boat you've been in this winter. Someday Central Asia might come up with a way to produce and share power reasonably. There should be more than enough for all.

Enjoy!

Thanks for your kind replies!

Sadly it turned out that it was the President's birthday or his daughter's or whatever, we're back to one hour again :banghead:

First of March had been talked about a lot for things getting better, but it doesn't look like that was accurate information. It's so disappointing :confused:

So I gave the kids a day off hs, but I won't be hanging out here, cause the neighbour can't cope with our loud generator running for too long.

Oh.my.goodness. I can not imagine living with one hour of electricity. And your neighbor? What the heck??? He is probably just jealous that HE doesn't have a loud generator.

Out of curiousity, what is the temperature there? I just don't see how they can make people turn off the electricity in the middle of winter. I realize that in some places, it is actually warm this time of year, but still. UGH. I am soooo sorry!

We've got a continental climate - hot summers and cold winters. Heating isn't too difficult for us though, cause our town has gas for part of the time.

However, last year was a cold winter and lots of elderly and babies died, it got so bad that it hit the international media.

This lack of electricity has a lot to do with corruption. Some people pay a lot of money and get it, but a friend of mine who's a gynecologist tells me of people holding a torch for her in hospital, so that she can see the head crowning . Go figure :confused: