Menu

Home from church and feeling guilty

My little dd has been sick since Wednesday. I just couldn't take her to church with a barky cough. I know she still doesn't feel well, she is not moving, just watching cartoons. This is odd.

I am feeling guilty, though, because I'm supposed to be (and want to be) teaching in an adult handicapped class. Lately, almost every other Sunday I have had a child sick. I know my dc come first but I wonder if others think that way.

I'm with you. Though it's been our literature coop we've missed. Also happen to be missing church today because of a barky cough. Our kids didn't play together did they?

But we've missed so many sessions of our literature coop, I'm afraid they might think we're just blowing it off. We're not. It's been along winter, especially because we haven't had any kind of illnesses around here for several years.

Don't feel guilty. You are doing what's right. Sometimes life intervenes.

Don't feel bad. You are doing the most important thing.

I am at home today as well, and those older people who don't remember what it's like to have littles? Well, they are the reason I'm staying home, lol. I'm protecting them, whether they know it or not. They are sooo susceptible to these germs.

Throw off the guilt and embrace your life. Eventually you will be back at church. Be encouraged: This too shall pass.......

Don't worry! As the mother of a disabled child, I would rather you not be there than potentially bring in a new virus. This is the season for sickness and I'm sure they understand.

:iagree: My son (who has Down Syndrome) tends to pick up everything and it's really discouraging seeing people bring their sick kids to church. We have been home now 3 out of the last 5 weeks because each time we take him, someone in his Sunday School class is sick. (we are home today too!) So from way over here in Kansas, I appreciate you keeping your DD home! :grouphug:

Dh and I are both very involved at church. Dh helps co-run the children's ministry and I teach the 2nd graders during one of our 3 services. Usually when I stay home with a sick child, dh can take my class. However we just moved into a new building and things are tricky right now space-wise. They are having to change things up a bit and he's no longer able to take a class that is missing a teacher.

Today I am home with ds, who has been having a high fever yesterday and all night. I missed 2 weeks ago, and that was 2 weeks in a row from a bad cold making it's way through our family.

I too, feel guilty. Well, not guilty exactly, because I'm not doing anything wrong. But more...I don't know, like I'm letting people down and not being able to stick to an obligation. Course, I know that my children are the obligation and I know that it would be worse to take them to church and get other families sick, but still.

I understand what you're saying, but try to concentrate on getting your family well so you can be there next week. That's what I'll be working on this week. Lots o' vit. C around here, LOL! Oh, and prayer too, of course!

:grouphug: