Menu

WTM postcard exhange

christielee7278

I thought I'd start a new thread on this with some clear instructions for those interested.

If you'd like to participate, you can email your snail mail address to christielee7278@live.com and I will complile a list. Please put WTM postcard exchange in the subject line so I don't miss anyone!!

I'm thinking we'll keep this open until Saturday. Then I can get the list finalized and emailed to everyone Saturday night or Sunday afternoon, depending on the response.

...if everyone would please help me keep this post bumped to the first page, I would appreciate it!!

Looking forward to this!!

Count me in! Thanks for organizing this, Christielee!

Carrie and kellycbr, if you do a search for "postcard exchange", there is more info about this one there. It's the second to the top, I think (I need some coffee, sorry). There's not a whole lot more info than this, except that some plan to use it with their geography studies.

Christielee, I have a new question: Once we are all emailed the compiled snail mail address list, what will be the instructions for mailing out postcards? If everyone starts at the top of the list, that one person would be inundated w/ mail while those at the bottom wait and wait. How do we do this?

Before I commit, I'd like to know about how many postcards we'd have to send out...I definitely KNOW that we couldn't afford or even attempt to write hundreds of postcards! Will the list be split apart and we'll each get a small chunk of it? Or would we be responsible for sending postcards to each and every person on the list?

Alicia64-YES!! I love chocolate!!! =)

I think Articmom explained it very well. It would be fun to if the postcard was something related to your state, but other than that no rules!!

As far as the list goes, it depends on how many families participate. So far I have a little more than 10 at last count. I'm sure there will be a lot more. I'm going to send the list out in different orders so there isn't the one family who gets bombarded all at the beginning. Right now I have two seperate lists with the same families just in a different order. If I need to, I'll do a third or fourth list. Does that even make sense? lol

As far as how many all together, we won't know that until closer to Saturday. I would imagine nobody would mind if each family sent out a few at a time to make it more affordable. If there are just a boat load of participants, maybe 5-10 a week? Would that work, you think?

Great minds think alike, Christie! We have a group of WTMrs who did a postcard exchange from this year and we're going to do it again next year. Rather than reinvent the wheel, anyone is welcome to join this one if you want.

You can join the Yahoo group at WTM_Postcards.

We had about 60 members this year so each family sent about 3 postcards a week. We each sent postcards from our state with some facts about our state, since it was intended to be a fun way to study US geography.

Since I have so many names already, I suppose we can just continue with this one and then join the one listed above for next year too?

I have about 20 addresses so far.

By all means continue the one you started! I certainly didn't mean you shouldn't - just wanted you all to know what was currently out there. Besides, it'll be September before we start the next round so that's plenty of time to do both if you were so inclined.

I plan on emailing everyone who is participating either Saturday night or Sunday afternoon the list of addresses with instructions. I'll also mention it on here just so everyone knows when to expect the email.

We have just over 30 participants now so it looks like it will be a fun exchange!

We're still taking names so anyone else who wants to join, just email your snail mail addy to me!! =)