Menu

Compatable Toner Cartridges for Laser Printers: Worth the savings?

I used to purchase the manufacturer's cartridges, but they are so expensive. One of our printers is really old (so I won't be voiding the warranty or anything, lol) & I switched to refurbished cartridges. I've ordered from 123inkjets.com & not had problems. I have heard some people mention problems, but I've had good luck so far. It saves a lot of $.

Now, I don't count how many pages I print, and do cost per page analysis, etc..., so I can't tell you for sure if the refurb. cartridge prints as many pages, but generally speaking I think I get the same amount of use out of it.

So, my opinion is that if your printer is more than one year old (or no longer under warranty), it's worth trying the cheaper ink cartridges.

I bought a toner cartridge for our church copier from Quickshiptoner.com.

I wasn't pleased. Part of it was their service (it took over 3 weeks!) and part of it was the cartridge. It really wasn't identical, and a bit of the toner leaks from around the connection whatever-it-is thing. I get lots of copies that have specks and shadows too. :confused:

I think I'll probably try just *one more time* from another place, and if it's also this bad I'll have to stick with the manufacturer's cartridges.