Menu

It's raining in the desert!

It brings to mind a line from "Elijah" by Mendelssohn: "Thanks be to God! He laveth the thirsty land!" (Yes, I'm a classical choral music nerd.)

We always act surprised by it. Ds will say, "Mom, what's happening? Water is falling from the sky!"

I remember once when I was driving in my car, and I started hearing a little tapping sound. At a red light, I turned around, searching the backseat for what could be making that odd sound! Then I turned forward again, and saw a big SPLAT on the window. Oh! Rain! I hadn't thought of that!

Wendi

We're sending wind your way too! I live in Southern Nevada where it has been raining since Friday afternoon. Off and on at least. My kids are bitter. Just plain bitter because the trampoline is off limits in the rain and wind. :o

It has been super windy today. And rainy. I think maybe someone moved my house when I was sleeping. LOL

Yep, the winds were pretty wicked here too. It's so funny because they get as excited over rain as they used to get over snow. 9 o'clock last night they went flying out into the cold rain to play...and I let them. I think the desert has parched all of our brains.

Barb

So, does this mean you'll have flowers soon? I've always wanted to go out there in spring and see the flowers. I've been every other time of year and have never gotten to see the desert bloom....

Not soon, but it ensures we'll have a nice display in March or so. It's still too cold right now. I'll be sure to post pictures next month.

Barb

We moved to Arizona from Oregon two years ago. It amazes me that is that here water is all over the roads and standing in yard but we didn't even get an inch of rain! The ground is just so hard I guess that the water has a hard time soaking in.

Our wild flowers came up in December and have been blooming for several weeks now. Seems like the cactus won't bloom until March or so. It's so beautiful when they do.

P1010006.jpg

We moved to Arizona from Oregon two years ago. It amazes me that is that here water is all over the roads and standing in yard but we didn't even get an inch of rain! The ground is just so hard I guess that the water has a hard time soaking in.

Our wild flowers came up in December and have been blooming for several weeks now. Seems like the cactus won't bloom until March or so. It's so beautiful when they do.

P1010006.jpg

Beautiful picture, Christy.