Menu

May I have/see your best quotes...pretty please ...

I would love to add inspiring quotes to my blog. I would especially love for them to have something to do with "education at home" and/or " Christian faith inspiring quotes" or

"ways to teach children naturally..etc"

or "homeschooling inspiring quotes...etc"

you get my drift! Anything that you think would give one inspritation:D

Thanks!!!

Our homeschool key verse is: All your sons will be taught by the LORD, and great will be your children's peace. Isaiah 54:13

I also refer to this quote quite often as I plan and schedule our schoolwork:

"No one has time to do more than a very few things well before he is twenty, and when we force a boy to be a mediocrity in a dozen subjects we destroy his standards, perphaps for life." ~C.S. Lewis in Surprised by Joy

Couple of family quotes:

"We're not stressed, we're blessed"

When entering a public place during regular school hours the kids are asked, "Who do you represent?" The right answer is "God and homeschooling"

Edmund Burke: "All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

When the checkout lady at Target asks you if school is off today say "Nope, me and Bubba learns 'em at home, works real good!" ( I got that one off of some homeschool site)

"the older I grow, the more apt I am to doubt my own judgment and to pay more respect to the judgment of others..."

--Benjamin Franklin on urging his fellow delegates to ratify the constitution after getting bogged down in debate.

"Tyrrany, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."

---Thomas Paine

"I have not yet begun to fight"

---John Paul Jones (context is everything to this quote. He was being thrashed by the British Navy, his ship was badly damaged, and the British commander called out to ask if he was ready to surrender. He went on to capture the British vessel and crew)

Okay so none of these are directly related to homeschooling, but they are some of my favorites. ;) All my school quotes are in boxes in storage.

Jo

Here are a few of my favorites (in addition to the one in my sig):

"I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it." ~ Pablo Picasso

"I do not seek to understand that I may believe, but I believe in order to understand." ~ St. Anselm

Couple of family quotes:

"We're not stressed, we're blessed"

When entering a public place during regular school hours the kids are asked, "Who do you represent?" The right answer is "God and homeschooling"

Edmund Burke: "All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

When the checkout lady at Target asks you if school is off today say "Nope, me and Bubba learns 'em at home, works real good!" ( I got that one off of some homeschool site)

ROFL! Oh, that is so funny!:D

"Human beings are made up of flesh and blood, and a miracle fiber called courage"

-George Patton

It is a rough road that leads to the heights of greatness.

--Seneca

The true test of a servant is if I act like one when I am treated like one. (Ouch);)

I love anything by Amy Carmichael and Churchill as well as running quotes.