Menu

Clinically Depressed Poodle Mauls Former French President Chirac

One of my friends had a dog that was diagnosed with a syndrome called "avalanche of rage."

When that dog got spun up, it really was out of control. He was still a puppy, so she sold him.............to a family with a young daughter.:glare:

He was a cocker and this is apparently something they've seen in that breed.

Are you suggesting that he's depressed because he's French, pqr, filled with angst? Fortunately for us all, and Chirac, he's in treatment.

I mean, its not funny, but it *is*!

If I looked like that dog, all fluffy and cutesy and whatnot, I'd probably have fits of rage, too. I bet Chirac called him "Sumokins" or something.

But sort of an odd thing to make the "news", no?

My dog barfed on my bedspread yesterday- can someone call the AP?

QUOTE: Mrs. Chirac, 74, did not reveal where the former president was bitten, but said, "the dog went for him for no apparent reason."

I think the dog's getting a bum wrap. Went for him for no apparent reason?! This is Jacques Chirac we're talking about!

Kidding.

Kind of.

I read a piece in our paper recently about depressed pelicans.

:001_huh: Really? How would one determine pelicans are depressed? Corral them into a lab? What's the name of the phenomenon where observation changes the nature of the observed? Maybe the pelicans are simply getting a complex from people staring at and commenting on their mood.

Good of President Chirac to allow the dog to continue living in his house. If our dog (who sleeps in our bed, with her own pillow) developed a personality disorder that involved biting me rudely, there would be a <probably unpleasant> change of living arrangements.