Menu

Ted Kennedy has had a seizure during the luncheon.

It's very sad. He looked really great today, too!

I'm praying he's ok.

Me too.

And I thought he looked great as well. You never see a man in a hat anymore, at least not a dressy fedora, and I remarked to my mom about how great men look in hats.

Astrid

They do look great in hats. It's funny because my 7 year old and I were watching the 1963 I Have a Dream speech and commenting on the men in hats and ties and how much more formal that era was and didn't everyone - even those more casually dressed - look dignified and proper.

Robert Byrd also collapsed during the luncheon. I love the wording from Fox news (not a Fox slam)

Roll Call reported that he was the first senator wheeled out of Statuary Hall
Seems like the inaugural luncheon is a smackdown or something.

Angela,

I just have to say when I saw your first post on the thread, my eyes went immediately to your "oh no" and the wacky smile underneath next to your signature. Let's just say I did a double take.:D

From what I just heard, Kennedy should be ok and released tomorrow. If Byrd is the really old guy, his press person said he left b/c he wanted to and he was just fine. saw that on either Fox or CNN, can't remember which.

Yeah, I know Byrd is 91... Kennedy with the brain tumor. Frankly, without either of those things working against me, I probably would have passed out a little by the luncheon today. I honestly don't know how these guys do it.

(Since I'm having a "low literacy" day - in which I've been double-taking all over the place and should probably not infer anything on my own - why did you double take?)

(Since I'm having a "low literacy" day - in which I've been double-taking all over the place and should probably not infer anything on my own - why did you double take?)

It was your :w00t: smiley right below where you said something like that was too bad. Thus, at first I couldn't tell if you were being sarcastic which would obviously make someone do a double take. Sorry I had to explain so much. Should have just chuckled to myself. :001_smile: