Menu

sweet 16 gift ideas

I'm sure you'll want to give her something that she'll have to keep, but in addition to that, you might send her flowers. My stepdad was out of town for work when I turned 16, but he sent me flowers, and it was the first time I'd ever gotten them.... it was a little thing, but so adult at the same time, and I've never forgotten it.

My parents gave me a ring set with my birthstone for my 16th. It was very special because my birthstone is a pearl and they had the pearl I received on an earlier birthday in which I had a diver dive down for an oyster set into that ring. I don't wear it because it's a very big pearl and I have small hands but I cherish the ring.

We have a daughter turning 16 soon and we will be getting her a hope chest. We did the same with her older sister and now, she is expecting the hope chest and can hardly wait. She already has plans with things she wants to fill it up with (homemade rugs and such).