Menu

school supplies

If you had $100 to use at staples to stock up on school supplies what would be most important to you to get? I will be making this shopping trip on Tuesday, I am spending $100 on printer ink and computer paper, but have another $100 to devote to stocking up on other supplies. I am using a 40% off coupon for micheals to buy a laminator so that is taken care of too. SO what supplies would you stock up on? I don't want to forget anything when I head over there.

Pencils

electric pencil sharpener

erasers

quality sketch pads

2-3 sets of dry erase markers

quality colored pencils

card stock (white and colors)

paper cutter

extra loose leaf notebook paper

One of the best purchases I made last year was a binding machine. I spent approximately $100.00 for the punch and the material. I would spend it again, it has been the best item I purchased this year. Here's a review of it from my blog.

One of the best purchases I made last year was a binding machine. I spent approximately $100.00 for the punch and the material. I would spend it again, it has been the best item I purchased this year. Here's a review of it from my blog.

Thanks for posting this. I'm glad to hear that it is still working well for you!

Cindy

Colored Sharpies, finest point available

Lots of copier paper in a multitude of colors and patterns, but tons of white

Tons of lined binder paper

A heavy duty 3 hole punch

Lots of binders with the clear cover for inserts

A couple of those big organizers that zip up like a briefcase--the ones with binder rings on one side, and a calculator, pockets, and other zippered compartments on the other--one for each child, for organizing

Backpacks

A paper shredder

Card stock in many colors, for notebooking, etc.

Rulers

Those post-it's that are the size of little arrows, for pointing out redos (they can be used over and over.)

A really good photograph printer for the computer or camera

I'm not sure what kind of Laminator that you are planning to purchase, but we've loved our GBC Heatseal H400. I think they're available at Staples. Also, you know that you can get a teacher's card at Staples, right? Here's the other thing OregonLam.com has the bestest prices ever and a flat shipping charge of $5.95, I think. They also have combs for a comb binder, which I use all the time.

So, if I had money after my laminator, a good comb binder might be my next purchase.

Carrie:-)