Menu

prayer request- legally divorced/ still unemployed

i know several of you had asked how it was going.

i had shared in a previous post our situation:

since that post back in June, fil has died, dh lost his job shortly thereafter, and our divorce was finalized Wednesday morning. i was just going to edit that post and bump it up, but it won't let me edit it for some reason...??

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33489

dh is still unemployed and receiving minimal contract flights, but his dad's house should be closing next week and that will be a great shot in the arm to the bank account.

we are not parading the divorce publicly and are still living as married. [see the thread above for the strange set-up]. Things have actually been going [pretty] great, but i want to see more than a 6 month change after living under the old one for 14 years. let's see how we're doing in another year and a half.... but like 3lilreds shared in the original PR, the change seems to have been a complete 180. well, ok, 175 ;) Now I wish I had filed 3 weeks after getting married.........

more about that here:

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showpost.php?p=514732&postcount=40

he's handling his dad's death almost too well. He mentioned in a talk [the night before the hearing] that he actually had a lot of stress removed when his dad died. That makes sense-- most of dh's issues were 'family of origin' type stuff, and his dad had been the biggest influence. I have to say i wasn't surprised at his statement.

So now the biggest issue is to get him a [more regular] JOB!

Let me know if any of you ladies or gentlemen have a private jet that needs a pilot ;)

i know several of you had asked how it was going.

i had shared in a previous post our situation:

since that post back in June, fil has died, dh lost his job shortly thereafter, and our divorce was finalized Wednesday morning. i was just going to edit that post and bump it up, but it won't let me edit it for some reason...??

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33489

dh is still unemployed and receiving minimal contract flights, but his dad's house should be closing next week and that will be a great shot in the arm to the bank account.

we are not parading the divorce publicly and are still living as married. [see the thread above for the strange set-up]. Things have actually been going [pretty] great, but i want to see more than a 6 month change after living under the old one for 14 years. let's see how we're doing in another year and a half.... but like 3lilreds shared in the original PR, the change seems to have been a complete 180. well, ok, 175 ;) Now I wish I had filed 3 weeks after getting married.........

more about that here:

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showpost.php?p=514732&postcount=40

he's handling his dad's death almost too well. He mentioned in a talk [the night before the hearing] that he actually had a lot of stress removed when his dad died. That makes sense-- most of dh's issues were 'family of origin' type stuff, and his dad had been the biggest influence. I have to say i wasn't surprised at his statement.

So now the biggest issue is to get him a [more regular] JOB!

Let me know if any of you ladies or gentlemen have a private jet that needs a pilot ;)

Peek, thanks for "keeping it real"! Many blessings to you on all fronts of your homelife!!! :grouphug:

:grouphug: from me too. You are a strong woman to insist on changes you know need to be made, yet also allow so much space for saving your relationship. Thanks for letting us know how you're doing. I was actually thinking about you the other day, wondering how it was going.

Our divorce was finalized Wednesday morning.

his dad's house should be closing next week and that will be a great shot in the arm to the bank account.

I am asking this VERY respectfully, so please don't insert a snotty tone where none is intended.

Since you are legally divorced, how do you support yourself? What is your source of income? The sale of his father's house will do great things for his bank account, but what about yours?

I'm just wondering, since courts do not order divorces if they are financially inequitable. Did you tell the court that you would be obtaining full-time work?

I'm just curious, so if this makes you feel defensive, you don't need to answer. I used to work in the court system with divorce/dissolution/child support/domestic violence (fun stuff!), so my curiosity is piqued.

Julie

I am asking this VERY respectfully, so please don't insert a snotty tone where none is intended.

Since you are legally divorced, how do you support yourself? What is your source of income? The sale of his father's house will do great things for his bank account, but what about yours?

I'm just wondering, since courts do not order divorces if they are financially inequitable. Did you tell the court that you would be obtaining full-time work?

I'm just curious, so if this makes you feel defensive, you don't need to answer. I used to work in the court system with divorce/dissolution/child support/domestic violence (fun stuff!), so my curiosity is piqued.

Julie

no snottiness required :)

Literally nothing has changed except I have a separate bank account for funneling child support [for 5 kids]. well, and his entire demeanor since filing .... I am still a SAHM. The court did not require an explanation- it was an agreed, uncontested settlement. We are both on 'his' bank account. He doesn't want me to have to work and prefers I am able to stay home w/ the kids.

i set the child support at the same amount as our current mortgage. Whether he's working regularly or not, i know he'll make sure we have at least that amount every month. As long as peace prevails, the money goes from his account to my account to the mortgage. Worst case, I keep the money and split. Or if the mortgage has been paid that month, just split. he got the house [and the accompanying debt] in the divorce and i left out geographic restrictions for where I could take the kids.

I would be absolutely comfortable going to my dad's or brother's [out of state]if i needed to. However, he has stated repeatedly that even tho he gets the house, he would rather move out if need be so the kids aren't yanked around.

ask me again how things are going in a couple years.....

hope that helps-- maybe we just got lucky and got a judge that's just glad to see we're doing stuff in the children's best interests w/o the nitpicky fighting.... ;)