Menu

Personal crisis (Christian prayer please)

:grouphug:

Praying for peace and wisdom in this situation. It's my belief that these situations are not just coincidence-kwim. As horrible as it is, ask God what He's doing here, and what He wants you to do.

From the outside looking in, I wonder how that man must feel. Imagine seeing the woman/girl you raped years before. I imagine that he is either 1) very remorseful and seeing you brings up all the guilt or 2) still the same monster who did this to you and seeing you might be God's way of convicting his heart. Either way, I know this is PAINFUL for you and these cyber hugs :grouphug: are just not enough to express my sympathy for you!

btw - Just look at the man you married! PTL for him, hug his neck, kiss his lips and cry together as he tells his daddy goodbye.

You became a Christian...maybe he did too. Turn to God in this. I don't think that things happen for no reason at all. Maybe this man has regretted what he did to you - the one sin that he needs to confess or admit or apologize for. I would make sure that you are with DH at all times and not waiting alone. If he was in an ICU waiting room, chances are, he is also at risk of losing someone he dearly loves. Very often, facing the demons that haunt your past remove the power they had over you - and give you the closure you need to truly move forward. This happened almost 25 years ago and this man very well may have changed his life completely.

Isaiah 41:10 encourages us “'Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.”

In Psalm 56:11 the psalmist writes, “in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?”

“I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears” (Psalm 34:4).

“I can do everything through him who gives me strength” (Philippians 4:13).

:grouphug:

Praying for peace and wisdom in this situation. It's my belief that these situations are not just coincidence-kwim. As horrible as it is, ask God what He's doing here, and what He wants you to do.

From the outside looking in, I wonder how that man must feel. Imagine seeing the woman/girl you raped years before. I imagine that he is either 1) very remorseful and seeing you brings up all the guilt or 2) still the same monster who did this to you and seeing you might be God's way of convicting his heart. Either way, I know this is PAINFUL for you and these cyber hugs :grouphug: are just not enough to express my sympathy for you!

btw - Just look at the man you married! PTL for him, hug his neck, kiss his lips and cry together as he tells his daddy goodbye.

:iagree: I think this is good advice!

How awful to have to see him again! But you now have your dh and God to rely on to keep you strong! I think I would tell my dh. He would want to stay close and protect you, which would be good for you, as well as for him!

PTL for your dear husband who has helped pull you from a mess to the place you are now. Go with the knowledge of why you're there--for your fil and husband. You and your dh can support each other through these crises, knowing God's arms are around both of you! Knowing you are loved by a TRUE man, and God, can maybe bring a fitting closing to this mess that guy caused?!!

At any rate, it's not easy, and my thoughts and prayers are with you!!!

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Edited by Brindee