• yoga
  • breakfast
  • 10,000 steps
  • grocery shop.
  • take more things to the thrift store
  • label pictures
  • plan for tutoring
  • check ds's homework
  • dinner: burrito bowls?  I'm not sure yet  I have two avocados in dire need of use.
  • make sure ds packed up for practice

It looks like we're spending Christmas out of town this year so I need to begin getting that in the works as well, figuring out logistics and everything else.

• Like 5

Good morning. 

I am up early b/c....I don't know. Anyway, I have already let the dogs out, fed them, fed the cat (+ her cat treats), unloaded the dishwasher, made the coffee, consumed the first cup, plus took DH's temp (100.3) and given him medicine. 

He has many symptoms I did not have with my migraine, so perhaps I really did have only a migraine, and now he got sick probably at work or something, and so now I need to try to not get sick. I may send him up to sleep in Oldest's bed - my schedule is too full to allow for sick days this year. 

So, today's list:
...more coffee
...as soon as it is daylight, put the trash out at the curb (& recycling)
...then go to the store, b/c there is in fact NOT any boneless, skinless chicken in the freezer, which I need for tonight's crockpot dinner 
...while there, pick up more meds for DH

...come home, nap???
...pack DS's lunch
...drive DS to his class

...come home, check on DH, start the crock pot for dinner
...sew
...make sure DH is okay to bring DS home 
...find out if Middle is able to log in online from home for his class (hopefully) (they are at a satellite campus, so their side has a TV showing the Teams meeting of the prof at the other campus; hopefully she'll email him the Teams log-in and we don't have to figure out getting him there)
...regardless, I have to go teach the 3rd grader - today is day one of that
...come home,  and either we eat dinner, OR i turn around and go pick up Middle if DH ended up having to take him to class after all, then we eat dinner
...after dinner, watch something/veg out/etc. until time for bed 

One thing I did realize in all of this, on a normal Tues, DH will drive DS, then pick him up on the way to drop off Middle; they'll hang out on that side of town until Middle is done, then come home around 7:30/7:45 or so.  That means I will have a blissful nearly 2 hours home alone every Tuesday, to just relax. Sew. Read. Be. Bliss. 

That also means if I ever want to cook normal things, I can, b/c no one will be home at dinner-eating time anyway, so I could come home, relax, cook in time for them to get back. So much easier. 

Edited by TheReader
  • Like 4

Dropped DS off, with lunch & water packed 

Crockpot is going with dinner

DH is back in bed -- @mom31257, thanks; me too! He seems better today than yesterday, some...

Middle's teacher said yes, okay to join in online from home - whew! 

Heading for a nap before I start my afternoon (most Tues will have a morning tutor kid, but they are also sick at her house, so that's off till next week)

• Like 2

@TheReader  praying for your family.

Wasn't your dh out of the country recently?   If so, please be super careful and keep track ofh8s symptoms and don't hesitate to take him to an infections doctor if necessary. Unfortunately,, there are just so many mosquito- borrne, and water born, and in general soil borne, other insect borne- sand fleas for example, nematode borne, and even touch8ng some plants are known to cause our dnacto change.   And I missed a few days so don't know if y0u already said he tested posit8ve for fly, Zika, Covid, West Nile, RSV, or anything at all.  Unfortunately, we are having outbreaks of everything w/ out even leaving  our country.

• Like 2

Good morning!

done

• Morning meds, and made breakfast 
  • Solved Xarelto refill issue

To do

• finish checking in to my orthopedist appt tomorrow 
  • Get transportation for said appt
  • Get in contact with my hematologist staff and figure out how many days I have to be off Xarelto for my endoscopy in 2 weeks 
  • Check lab results at both AEL and Crestwood
  • Put Enbrel away immediately when it comes
  • Finish inputting medical mileage
  • Send 8nfo to health advocate 
  • Send anniversary surprise basket idea to glamp8ng staff
  • See if I have Dr.'s credentials already
  • Call ENT re swallowing test 
  • Get actually dressed
  • Set up hvac appt for re checking new condeser and furnace check
  • Get rid  of evidence of my forgetfullness yesterday
  • Get dh appt w sleep doctor at VA - his mouth appliance is more than 7 years overdue for replacement and first opening for new sleep doctor is late January 2025.
  • Maybe watch the debate
  •  
  •  
  • Like 3

Had a good nap, and feel ready for this 3rd grade gig. Trying to decide what time to leave -- my map app says 46 mins to get there, and I don't want to be too early, but also don't want to be late....we'll see. Somewhere in the next hour or so - having a snack right now, then will head out in a bit.

@TravelingChris, he was in Colombia & Brazil a few weeks ago....I'll have to look and see it's within the incubation rates of various things that are known to be in those places. I know they were having an odd mosquito thing in Brazil, but not so much in the areas where he was; still, worth double checking - thanks! I hadn't thought of that. 

He's isolating and all, just in case. He'll have to pick DS up (there's no other way to get him home), but he won't get out of the car or be around anyone. 

• Like 3

@TheReaderI hope your dh feels better soon.  

What do you have going in the crock pot?  I have chili going in mine today.  I found a bunch of easy recipes on FB today that I want to try.  Let me know if anyone wants me to post them.  Maybe you all know them already, but they were new to me.  I don't know if they are good though. 

Just living in the craziness.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mommyoffive said:

@TheReaderI hope your dh feels better soon.  

What do you have going in the crock pot?  I have chili going in mine today.  I found a bunch of easy recipes on FB today that I want to try.  Let me know if anyone wants me to post them.  Maybe you all know them already, but they were new to me.  I don't know if they are good though. 

Just living in the craziness.

Right there with you in the craziness.  Once we have "real" Tuesdays going, I'll get home around 6, they'll get back around 8, and we'll eat then. The only way that gets accomplished is crock pot stuff. (well, I thought DS would be home when I get home, but it's looking like he'll at least some of the time ride w/DH to wait on Middle; if he'd been home when I get home, he & I would be able to eat at normal dinner time, and the other 2 eat when they get back). 

Today's crockpot meal is one a friend posted - tuscan chicken. BLSL chicken pieces, seasoned with Italian seasoning and salt & pepper; add chicken broth, cream, sun dried tomatoes, and parmesan cheese all whisked together, then pour over the chicken in the crockpot. Right before serving, put in some fresh spinach long enough for it to wilt; serve. 

I think amounts are:
4 chicken breasts
1/2 c chicken broth
1 c cream
1/2 c parmesan
1/2 c sundried tomatoes

I increased the quantities by quite a bit, but it smells good.  I think it also called for garlic but I left it out this time. 

I'm definitely happy to have you post the others; I'll try and round up our easiest/best hits and post those as well. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, TheReader said:

Right there with you in the craziness.  Once we have "real" Tuesdays going, I'll get home around 6, they'll get back around 8, and we'll eat then. The only way that gets accomplished is crock pot stuff. (well, I thought DS would be home when I get home, but it's looking like he'll at least some of the time ride w/DH to wait on Middle; if he'd been home when I get home, he & I would be able to eat at normal dinner time, and the other 2 eat when they get back). 

Today's crockpot meal is one a friend posted - tuscan chicken. BLSL chicken pieces, seasoned with Italian seasoning and salt & pepper; add chicken broth, cream, sun dried tomatoes, and parmesan cheese all whisked together, then pour over the chicken in the crockpot. Right before serving, put in some fresh spinach long enough for it to wilt; serve. 

I think amounts are:
4 chicken breasts
1/2 c chicken broth
1 c cream
1/2 c parmesan
1/2 c sundried tomatoes

I increased the quantities by quite a bit, but it smells good.  I think it also called for garlic but I left it out this time. 

I'm definitely happy to have you post the others; I'll try and round up our easiest/best hits and post those as well. 

Oh thanks.  I am adding this to my list.

Here are the ones I saw today. I think I might have done one of these recipes years ago.  It was posted like you were going to make them as freezer meals.  I will post some of the ones I normally do later.

Sloppy Joes:
1 lb. Ground turkey or beef
1 onion diced
1 green pepper diced
1 15oz. Can tomato sauce
1 packet Sloppy Joe Seasoning
Add all ingredients to a freezer bag and seal. Mix the bag to incorporate ingredients. Cook in the slow cooker on HIGH 3-4 hours. Serve on buns or rolls.

Sausage and Lentil Soup
2 packages of sausage or kielbasa, sliced
2c. Brown lentils
1 bag baby carrots
3-4 stalks of celery diced
1 onion diced
2-3 cloves garlic minced
1 15oz. Can diced tomatoes
1T. Italian Seasoning
Add all ingredients to a freezer bag. Cook in the crockpot on HIGH 4-5 hours. Serve with bread or rolls.

Hawaiian Meatballs
2 lbs. Frozen meatballs
1/4c. Brown sugar
1/4c. Soy sauce
1/2t. Garlic powder
1 jar sweet and sour sauce
1 red pepper diced
1 green pepper diced
1 onion diced
1 can pineapple chunks with juice
Add all ingredients to a freezer bag. Cook in the crockpot on LOW 6-8 hours. Serve over rice.

Cilantro Lime Chicken
3-4 chicken breasts or thighs
Juice from 2-3 limes
1 small bunch cilantro chopped
1 bag frozen corn
1 onion chopped
1 can black beans
Add all ingredients to a freezer bag. Cook in crockpot on LOW 6-8 hours. Shred chicken and serve over rice or in burritos.

Broccoli Chicken Alfredo
3-4 chicken breasts or thighs cut into chunks or strips
1 jar Alfredo sauce
1 bag frozen broccoli or fresh chopped broccoli
Mix all ingredients in a freezer bag. Cook in a crockpot on LOW 6-8 hours. Serve over fettuccine noodles.

Pepperoncini Pork Roast
2-3 lb boneless pork or beef roast
1 jar sliced pepperoncinis with juice
Add to freezer bag. Cook in crockpot on LOW 6-8 hours. Shred meat and serve over rice or potatoes. Leftover meat is really good in breakfast burritos!

Chicken Fajitas
3-4 chicken breasts cut into strips.
1-2 green peppers sliced
1-2 red peppers sliced
1 onion sliced
1 pkg. Fajita seasoning
Add all ingredients to freezer bag. Cook in crockpot on LOW 6-8 hours. Serve over rice or in tortillas for fajitas.

Chicken Cacciatore
3-4 chicken breasts or thighs
1 jar chunky veggie style spaghetti sauce
1 zucchini chopped
1 green pepper diced
1 onion diced
Add all ingredients to freezer bag. Cook in crockpot on LOW 6-8 hours. Serve over rice.

Teriyaki Chicken
3-4 chicken breasts cut into chunks
1 onion sliced
2 cans diced pineapple with juice
2-3 garlic cloves minced
1c. Teriyaki sauce
Mix all ingredients in a freezer bag. Cook in crockpot on LOW 6-8 hours. Serve over rice or noodles.

Sausage and Peppers
2 packages sausage or kielbasa sliced
2 green peppers sliced
1 red pepper sliced
1 onion diced
2-3 cloves garlic minced
1 15oz. Can Italian style diced tomatoes
2T. Italian Seasoning
Mix all ingredients in a freezer bag. Drizzle with olive oil and cook in crockpot on LOW 6-8 hours. Serve over noodles.
Don't forget each recipe is for a single bag. Double the amounts if you'd like 20 meals
  • Thanks 2

Oh thank you! Those are great! I'll come back tomorrow with some of our normal ones. The one from tonight turned out really good - I forgot the spinach, but added gnocchi for the last 10 mins, and it was so good. Everyone had multiple servings (even DH who doesn't like carbs much). 

The 3rd Grade gig went pretty well, I made some notes for next time to go better (brain breaks! Notebooks & pens/pencils!) but I think it's going to be good. 

Vegging out with DH until bedtime.

• Like 3

School was okay. Losing my voice - not sure if it’s overuse or getting sick. Drinking water and taking vitamins. My wild boys return to class tomorrow. 

I did some kitchen work, including putting away CSA veggies, heating a yummy chx and artichoke casserole from a friend, cooking some random bonus food for Ds (box mac n cheese, salmon burgers), and placed a grocery order for Dh to pick up tomorrow.

SO tired! 
Gonna prep math and literacy, get a shower, and head to bed. 

• Like 3

Overuse, most likely, @ScoutTN; at least, I end up hoarse-ish every Monday.  Hopefully that's it, anyway. 

Texted Oldest, I forgot that while they are living at camp as interns, there are only meals when there are campers, so some weeks they are needing to eat out and such. They have a fridge & microwave, not sure what else; we'll convince him to stock up meal-type groceries that work with what they have, next time he's home. 

Middle's class ended up cancelled due to an internet outage on his campus, so that was even better than him popping in online. whew!  Also, Middle is really stepping up -- cooking during the week whenever asked, and offering other nights as needed; taking over laundry for DH; helping DS with his programming homework -- it's been pretty amazing to see. He'll turn 24 this year, so I guess right on track for that whole "brains fully formed" thing. 

DH went to bed, so I'm watching Grey's Anatomy and then will go to bed. 

• Like 2