Menu

ACT changes coming in spring

The science reasoning section will be optional. The number if questions will be reduced to allow more time per question. The base test will only be 2 hrs.

https://leadershipblog.act.org/2024/07/test-enhancements.html?m=1#:~:text=The new core test willto answer each question thoughtfully

https://www.cnn.com/2024/07/16/us/act-college-entrance-test-changes/index.html

Edited by 8filltheheart
Originally read April, but cant find that reference again. I can only find spring.
  • Thanks 4

• 8filltheheart changed the title to ACT changes coming in spring
2 hours ago, cintinative said:

It sounds like they are moving it online for 2025 (??) Do you all know if it will be adaptive like the SAT is?

My DS17 did the online ACT for school day testing this spring.  It was not adaptive.  Basically a cookie-cutter reproduction of the paper test, but on the computer.  He did not like it as much.  (Can't go back and check your work top to bottom), so took a paper version in June, but actually did about the same overall (did worse on two sections, but better on the other two).  His superscore went up by a point at least!

• Like 1

My dd is a rising junior. I guess she will try to take it one more time (she took a quick one for a summer program in dec of 10th grade and got a serviceable score but would like to improve) before the changes and then take it after it changes and maybe she will benefit from being in a group that was able to take both tests and see which was better for them? I don’t know…trying to find a silver lining to being caught in transition.

She is currently prepping for the SAT thinking that might be better for her. But I suspect she will have a similar score regardless of ACT/SAT/new ACT. She is very consistent and her practice test scores always seem to make sense. Maybe one of these tests will be magic for her. Lol. She is my last and I will be glad to be done with it.