Menu

Tackling Friday June 21

Posted (edited)

Good morning, everyone!! Dh is working 12 hours a day all weekend, so I have a ton of alone time. I've been on a pretty good roll lately, so maybe I can get a lot done today as well. Plans include:

more coffee-done

laundry-done 

shred-done

work in the storage building

clean a portion of cabinets in the kitchen

prepare dining room wall for painting

exercise

read Kindle book

Bible and prayer

put a second coat of paint in the closet I started on

clean some doors-done

may add more later

Edited by math teacher
update
  • Like 4

Good morning!

Oldest is coming home late tonight for his 24 hours off. still with sore throat & cough, said the blood is clearing, so hopefully no emergency room or urgent care trip this weekend! We will send him with some DayQuil for the sore throat and cough. 

But, for today:
....coffee
....trouble shoot the bobbin issue, get the zipper put in
...go do the K evaluation
...come home, put on the pockets and close up the skirt
....still time? add the darts to make the skirt fit me
....still time? put the sewing room back together
....dinner - probably out, as we have to pick up DS from his GF's house (DH is dropping him off this morning; bday celebration for a different friend)
...come home, watch something w/the boys
...find a way to stay up till Oldest gets home
...go to bed

I was thinking of going by Grandma's today, after the K eval, but since i have to be back in time to pick up DS, not a good day for it. Next week? Week after? Soon. 

Have a few things to finish up before I go to the K student thing; have a good day everyone! 

• Like 4

Howdie, happy Friday!

Another day, another 10 deadlines, LOL.  And at least 1 conference call.

Tonight is "Fiesta," the ending ceremony for the kids' annual culture camp.  My kids say the teen dance is mandatory this year, so hopefully I'll get to watch them perform.  It's nothing fancy, but it's fun.  If past tradition holds, we should also be able to sample some of the ethnic foods / treats they've been eating all week.  I'll help fold the chairs etc. as the kids say their final goodbyes to kids they only see in June.

Hoping for some excellent focus and productivity and no stressful surprises.

• Like 5

home from the K eval - that was interesting; the mom was all "we *must* get this done so we can sign up before early registration ends!" (which I totally get), but then as I was there she was very wishy-washy about what she wants to do, including whether to even homeschool or not, start her in K this year or not, etc.  Oof.  Hopefully she registers. 

Eating lunch, and then will do some more trouble shooting on the sewing machine. Hopefully I can figure that out! 

• Like 3

@math teacher, you get a lot accomplished in a day. I want to be like you! 

@TheReader, sorry for the sewing machine troubles! 

Speaking of trouble, we have been having issues with the pipes under our kitchen sink. I think I hit them getting out a flower vase last weekend. Dh tried several times to reattach the pipes, but they kept coming loose. There was more water under it today. We gave in and called a plumber and more was wrong than we thought. The whole drain had to be replaced on one side because a ring around it was cracked. 

I met with a student online this morning, and dh and I went for a walk before it got too hot. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well I spent most of the afternoon doing 3 things involving bank access.  Tedious.  Looks like I'm not going to be able to complete the reports I planned to complete today.  Well, I guess that's what weekends are for.

I still have about an hour of work time left before I need to go to the kids' show.  How should I use it?  I should probably go through my emails and see if I'm forgetting anything.

• Like 3

Got the zipper figured out and done. Yay! 

need to figure out how to make the patch pocket have room in it...some kind of pleat? Need to look that up before I try putting it on - a pocket I can't squeeze my hand into will not be helpful, LOL! 

DH is cooking dinner (burgers) and we'll eat early and then go get DS. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mom31257 said:

@math teacher, you get a lot accomplished in a day. I want to be like you! 

@TheReader, sorry for the sewing machine troubles! 

Speaking of trouble, we have been having issues with the pipes under our kitchen sink. I think I hit them getting out a flower vase last weekend. Dh tried several times to reattach the pipes, but they kept coming loose. There was more water under it today. We gave in and called a plumber and more was wrong than we thought. The whole drain had to be replaced on one side because a ring around it was cracked. 

I met with a student online this morning, and dh and I went for a walk before it got too hot. 

Aww thanks!! Before school was out for the summer, I made a list in my phone of each room in my house and everything to do/clean in that room. It helps, and I love erasing those entries!!

• Like 2

The "fiesta" was nice.  The teen dances were cut short, which was disappointing.  But the other dances were longer.

My kid's ex boyfriend showed up with his new girlfriend.  It's a free country, right?  He has friends at the camp.  An auntie was of the opinion that I should insist on my kid going and chatting up her ex (and his girlfriend).  I didn't think so.  I guess reasonable minds can differ.

One of my kids' good friends also came.  He isn't part of the camp, but over the past several years, he's come to support my girls when they've had little performances.  (He's a serious theater guy, so this is extremely amateur in comparison.)  I think that is so nice.

It was hot - no air conditioning in the assembly room with hundreds of people.  Just a few fans, and none pointing in a sensible direction.  After returning home, I took the dog for a walk.  It's still hot.  I'm being a big whiner, but I just want to relax and not be sweating.

Anyhoo.  Another culture camp session is in the books.

• Like 2