Menu

Facebook question - feed problem on laptop

Kassia

When I go to facebook on my laptop, I always choose the feed that shows everything in chronological order.  On the left side of the screen are the links for feed, messenger, memories, saved, marketplace, etc.  

Since yesterday, that list on the left side of the screen is gone and I can't choose the feed in chronological order so I just get a mess of posts where some are recent and some are from days ago (or even last month).  

I can choose the feed on my phone, but I hate using my phone.  

Is anyone else having this issue?  Is there anything I can do to fix it?  

I haven’t tried today, but IME Facebook messes with this all the time. I honestly think they might rotate through which browsers work, because sometimes DH can have it work and mine won’t. Now that there’s a pending lawsuit & various state bans to try and force chronological order for kids, I suspect they’ll make it more difficult all the time until it’s resolved by the Supreme Court. I got so frustrated with not being able to find chronological feed, or it clearly NOT working when I can select it, that I spend less time there. I figure if their dumb algorithm is trying to get me to spend more time there by hiding things, I’ll spend less. 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, SKL said:

Look for a "see more" dropdown box on the left under the visible choices.  For me, "feeds" is included under the "see more" list.

It's annoying, right?

The dropdown box is gone now.  That's what I've been using in the past.  I can't get to anything - messenger, memories, feed, etc.  There's nothing at all on the left.  The whole screen is just the feed.  Super annoying and unusable now.  

31 minutes ago, Kassia said:

The dropdown box is gone now.  That's what I've been using in the past.  I can't get to anything - messenger, memories, feed, etc.  There's nothing at all on the left.  The whole screen is just the feed.  Super annoying and unusable now.  

Go to the menu at the bottom of the page scroll down to feed.  When you click on it it puts the posts in chronological order. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

Go to the menu at the bottom of the page scroll down to feed.  When you click on it it puts the posts in chronological order. 

I can do that on my phone, but not my laptop.  I can't find any option for chronological order on my laptop - this just started yesterday.

6 minutes ago, Kassia said:

I can do that on my phone, but not my laptop.  I can't find any option for chronological order on my laptop - this just started yesterday.

It doesn’t say chronological order. It just says feed.  But if you click on it it puts your feed in chronological order.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scarlett said:

It doesn’t say chronological order. It just says feed.  But if you click on it it puts your feed in chronological order.  

yes, I know that but I only see it on my phone.  It's not on my laptop anymore (it used to be on the side as an option). 

8 minutes ago, Kassia said:

Do you have this at the bottom of your page?D4D99B28-6B7B-46ED-B5B5-5B55672A95EF.thumb.jpeg.486ca0f34d29b35c000afe82242f2c62.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

On your lap top it might be at the top of your page. 

On my laptop it's the square with nine dots emblem at the top right. When I click on it for the drop down menu "feeds" is one of the choices.

52 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

Do you have this at the bottom of your page?D4D99B28-6B7B-46ED-B5B5-5B55672A95EF.thumb.jpeg.486ca0f34d29b35c000afe82242f2c62.jpeg

47 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

On your lap top it might be at the top of your page. 

Yes, I have all of that on the top of my page on my laptop EXCEPT for the menu.  It stops at the Marketplace symbol and then notifications bell is to the right.  I'm using chrome.  The menu is at the bottom on my phone display.

32 minutes ago, Pawz4me said:

On my laptop it's the square with nine dots emblem at the top right. When I click on it for the drop down menu "feeds" is one of the choices.

I don't have a square.  

Darn.  I was hoping everyone was having this problem and it would be fixed soon.  I'll have to try a different browser and see what happens.

18 minutes ago, Pawz4me said:

That is very weird even for FB. I wonder what would happen if you cleared all your cookies?

Maybe I'll have DH do that later.  I don't know how (but should learn).  My laptop rebooted overnight the other night and that's when FB came back for me, so I thought that fixed the problem but obviously not.

• Like 1