Menu

Anyone Tackling Saturday? 4.20.24

mom31257

Slept almost 12 hrs. Not getting up yet!

WM grocery pickup by 10. ✔️ 

Ds to work. ✔️ 
Cook. ✔️ 
Rest and read. 

Text my boss at my church job to say I won’t be there tomorrow. ✔️ 

Email my tutoring job and students’ parents to offer virtual lessons for this week instead of in person. 

Campout is saved! Another state park has a place for us. Not spacious, but it will work. But I need to hike and explore there before Friday if I’m teaching a badge on Sat. Really hoping I can get rid of this dratted cold and especially the cough so I can go!!

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 4

So glad they found a spot for your campout, Scout! I hope you do kick the cold by then!

Today I mostly plan to work on the quilt. We went to our exercise class, DH will go to fencing, I will stay home and work through adding the figures to the quilt, one figure/one CD at a time. No other real plans, but that's a lot in itself. 

Going to add:
-steampunk wrench dude
-main character
-main character's main foe
-spider queen
-cape & crow dude
-steampunk gears
-letters/title
In that order, I think. Maybe reverse cape/crow dude & spider queen, b/c she has the most complex details to add. 

Happy Tackling...

Edited by TheReader
  • Like 4

@TheReader  Will you post a photo of this quilt when it’s done?

Did a huge pile of electronic chores, including a second grocery order with all the things I forgot on the first one.

Made a yummy lunch
Tidied my staging area
Printed the map of the state park where we are camping.

Next up:
read and nap

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 4

@ScoutTN - yes, will do! 

Got the steampunk dude on, and the spider queen, as I realized I need those 2 on the edges so I can space the middle dude (the crow guy) properly. *Then* when all the folks on the bottom row are on, I can add the main character & foe in the middle. 

Taking a break, as that took 2 rounds of  a CD -- the spider queen has a spider web pattern all over her dress, so I had to affix her to the quilt top, then freehand cut various spider web lines for all the parts of a her dress. Oof. Glad to have the hardest one done. 

• Like 4

Sat outside and read for a while.
Got a snack.
Cleaned a bathroom.
Updated a first aid kit

Started updating my daypack - the 10 essentials, plus a few extras - for next weekend. Cannot find my compass or my firestarter. 😕

Picked up grocery order #2.

Picked up the man-child.

Next up:
Start prepping dinner: tofu stir fry and eggrolls. Rice is already cooked. 

• Like 4

Good Afternoon

Noticed that today is the second of eleven palindrome dates in the month of April.

still working on picking up sticks we have a big yard

laundry going

got a great review on the website and article I wrote. 

Floors cleaned

checked in with friend recovering from first surgery from breast cancer

• Like 4

Dinner was good. Kitchen is tidy.

Also made some banana bread. Froze some, gave some to a neighbor, will send some to Dd with Dh tomorrow. (He’s taking a dress to her for a dance or something. My girly-girl loves to wear a princess dress or a ball gown!) I got a small slice and Dh will get some, but Ds will eat most of it! 

Cozy in my jammies with my book. 

Using heat on my neck/shoulder. It has been achy, with occasional sharp pain, for almost a week. Tonight I noticed tingling/slight numbness in my fingers. Wondering if this is a pinched nerve? I think I did it reaching high up for something. Need to remember that I have a 6’3” son and a 6’1” husband to get those things!! Or at least a step ladder to stand on. Took some ibuprofen too. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Okay, I finished all of the characters, but not the title or the steampunk gears in the corner. Here is the "so far" view -- this portion is the mattress sized middle of the quilt, the final quilt itself will have a larger blue border around the edges to make it "quilt sized" but I wanted all of the characters featured in the part that would be on top of the bed.  These are from the video game DS designed/made. 

Took roughly all of the Eras Tour to draw the figures the first time, then a couple episodes of Grey's to redraw the ones I had to flip, then about one CD's worth of music per figure to cut them out and pin to the design board, and now about a CD's worth of music per figure to get them affixed to the quilt top and add the details thus far.  They all need detail stitching yet, too, but that will be later. 

IMG_9372.JPG

• Like 3

Ds definitely has a cold. He and I will stay home from church tomorrow. I will watch the livestream. He can just sleep. He has exams M-W. Ugh! At least M and T are half days and his school is mask-friendly.

And a lacrosse game Monday night. We’ll see. 

• Sad 3

Took another trip to the farm today to collect a few more things. Now all we have to pick up is the wagon wheels. That will need a trailer and will probably be a summer task. 

Had a good visit with Grandma and Grandpa. Saw some aunts and uncles. 

Edited by LifeLovePassion
  • Like 4

@ScoutTN, I'm sorry ds is sick, too, and at such a bad time! I pray you feel better and your neck improves! Sounds like good news on the campout. 

@mommyoffive, I'm sorry your house is being hit with sickness, too! Praying for a quick recovery.

The trip to Costco was good. 

There was a lot of great art in the art show! 

I've been working on school work off and on. 

Dh and I are caught up on Amazing Race and Ghosts. We are behind one episode of We Were the Lucky Ones. 

I meant to call my dad tonight and forgot, so I'll call him tomorrow. 

• Like 3