Menu

I think we are in an alternate multiverse

So we painted our dining room two years ago.  Very tall ceilings, it took a lot of paint, and we spent a lot of time picking out the paint color.  I know we got samples from both Home Depot and Lowes, but no other stores.  It would be either Valspar or Sherwin Williams paint, or maybe Behr.  But the thing I KNOW for a fact, is that I LOVED the name of the paint chip.  It's a greige with the perfect balance of grey and tan, and the name of the color I am CONVINCED was Anonymous Fog. I loved the name, because it was so perfect.

Fast forward two years later and we are trying to repaint a small section on the wall next to the door that the dog scratched up. No worries, we don't have the paint anymore but I know it's one of two stores and I know its name.  Only thing is, I cannot find any reference whatsoever for this paint. It's just completely gone.  Everyone close to me corroborates that that was the name I told them, because  I loved it so much.  (I have another paint upstairs called Into the Gloaming, which is pretty close to perfect as well as far as names go).  

So after scouring the internet I have decided I am in an alternate universe now where there was never a paint chip called Anonymous Fog.  That must be the answer. 

Just now, KungFuPanda said:

It’s not Sherwin Williams “anonymous?”

No, that was is a lot darker than what we have. But that was the first one my daughter sent me! She was the one who decided it must be the whole multiverse issue.