Menu

12/26, Friday exercise check in

Well, I got up in plenty of time to go to the pool and then meet the IL for breakfast. But dh had to go and be a good dad - fixings ds's telescope and helping the kids get the trash out. So we left a tad later than expected. I finished my mile swim to dh saying "We have 25 minutes to get to IHOP." Would have been fine except we both need to shower and run by the house to pick up the kids - not on the way to IHOP! We made it only 10 minutes late!

Cool thing about my swim. I finished up and the guy in the lane next to me says I should swim with the master's team as I was a good pace partner. I don't know what he was on as I can't swim an even pace to save my life. But it was still a nice compliment!

Time Taken: 00:39:22

Total Distance: 1.00 mi.

Laps: 36

Burned: 277 (kcal)

Laps: 36

Pace: 39:22 (avg)

Speed: 1.52 (mi/hr) (avg)

The sidewalks had about a foot of snow on them so instead of running we walked the dogs. It's a work out walking through snow . . . I can feel the different muscles in my legs working through the resistance. I'm not sure it's enough to combat the extra holiday treats but it's exercise.

I think I'll do some weights and stretching later this afternoon.

oh, please. Ya know what I exercised today? patience and self control. I didn't spank my nephew or even say anything to him when he kicked me or when he yelled at my dh or when his mother JUST. SAT. THERE. listening without saying A WORD to him.

Grrrrrrrrr.....workout tomorrow. Tonight, we drink! ;)

oh, please. Ya know what I exercised today? patience and self control. I didn't spank my nephew or even say anything to him when he kicked me or when he yelled at my dh or when his mother JUST. SAT. THERE. listening without saying A WORD to him.

Grrrrrrrrr.....workout tomorrow. Tonight, we drink! ;)

I'll join you in a glass of wine. (Then the wine is done!)

You definitely exercised self control today. I hate it when people do not manage their children.

The sidewalks had about a foot of snow on them so instead of running we walked the dogs. It's a work out walking through snow . . . I can feel the different muscles in my legs working through the resistance. I'm not sure it's enough to combat the extra holiday treats but it's exercise.

I think I'll do some weights and stretching later this afternoon.

Walking through the snow is a very hard thing! Great job!

I was having a most excellent jog, the sun was shining, I was getting a jog bra tan, the wind was down, it's around 85F and something happened in my calf. I couldn't even walk. So I got about 40 minutes of walking and jogging in (day 1 week 6 of Couch) but I might be sidelined for a while. If you can help, please take a look here. Thanks!

I read that other post. I have no idea. Rest, ice and advil for now! I hope it feels better soon!

I didn't get out today, but I did the elliptical three times this week! About 30 - 40 minutes each go. I have not been able to workout because I had ankle surgery (tendon transfer) and am thrilled to get back to the gym. I do miss walking so much! I did walk around today shopping for the inlaws that we see Sunday and my foot hurts. I wish I had worked out before I went shopping.