Menu

Canners

Does anyone use the Presto electric pressure canner?

I have my first load going now, even though I’ve had it for around a year. I’ve been too scared, but I haven’t heard of anyone getting botulism in that time, so it’s probably fine!

Still, government regulating agencies have convinced me to worry. 😆

1 hour ago, Carrie12345 said:

Does anyone use the Presto electric pressure canner?

I have my first load going now, even though I’ve had it for around a year. I’ve been too scared, but I haven’t heard of anyone getting botulism in that time, so it’s probably fine!

Still, government regulating agencies have convinced me to worry. 😆

I've had mine for 3-4 years now and my sister has had hers for at least 2 years.  No one has died.  

I absolutely LOVE this canner.  No more watching and fidling and guessing when to start timing.  Just put it in and do whatever it tells me to do when it beeps!

• Like 2

I have always wanted to move to an electric so I don't have to babysit it. But right now, I can food for all of my adult kids so I need mega capacity in order to survive. My double canned has racks and holds 7 quarts, 14 pints, and 28 half pints. I water bath pickled jalapenos, hot salsa, and banana peppers in it, 14 at a time. (Can't do more than that and still keep enough water over the lids. 

If they would make a Mega Bertha electric canner, I would be all over that!

Anyone I know who has used an electric has never had food poisoning. 

• Like 1

I still have my regular canner with greater capacity, but I seem to have lost my electrIc burner in the move. Just ordered a new one! While I was comfortable using it on my old flat top stove, I’m not willing to mess around with my new one!

While measuring the bottom of my regular canner for the burner, I discovered the many lids I had ordered before the move! That was a great place to store them. Too bad I had already started replacing them, lol. 

I have the nesco, which is another electric canner and LOVE it. I still have my stove top ones for large batches, but for smaller things or if I have time and don't want to babysit, it's amazing. And has worked well. 

• Like 1