Menu

Tackling Monday Together, 2.12.24

ScoutTN

Good morning!

A friend is taking me out to dinner. I love it when a birthday turns into a birthday week. LOL!

• Dh's breakfast and lunch
  • Bible study
  • 4 Zoom sessions
  • tidy house
  • Menu planning/grocery list
  • dinner out with a friend
  • look at the lessons for tomorrow
  • read some for school
  • watch something and relax

Edited by mom31257
  • Like 5

Good morning!

Light day today! 

• Fill water jugs, round up snow stuff, lanterns, etc.
  • bake cookies for possible meeting tomorrow night. 
  • violin
  • wash the sheets
  • work out
  • help ds with homework/study time
  • dinner....probably leftovers.  It was a 2 hour meal yesterday, with a break only for the halftime show.  There's plenty left over.
  • set heaters to 72 on the main floor, just in case we lose power tomorrow we have a few extra degrees of wiggle room.
  • Like 5

Good morning! Napped yesterday, so there are some repeats today. Plans include:

coffee

doctor appt

take care of some business at the credit union

groceries

cook

laundry

finish kitchen floor

find the paint for front door 

call parents and ds

exercise

read

Bible and prayer

clean out school bag

• Like 6

Good morning! Had breakfast and took morning meds before dh took me to the same vascular surgeon in whose office k was in last year shortly after my long hospitalized thst took 4 hours and I was there e ddil and dgs which was a truly awful day.

It is going much faster today.  I have had Doppler of both of my legs but also abdomen too so I am worried I will need even more surgerie.  I am already looking at 3 - carpal tunnel, shoulder fusion, and right hip replacement that spinal surgeon said would need replacing in five years back in Nov 21, as I was being wheeled to surgery.

Get dh to drive me home or take Uber or Lyft.

Get correct fax # for Army doctors. (I wrote down 6 digits I could read and 1 I couldn’t or maybe just left off.

Drink lots of coffee so I can write emails, messages, etc to my primary  carw, eyc, etc

Fold laundry if dry.  Have dh brinv it up later.

Figure out dinner.

• Like 4

Another gray, wet day here, but not cold.

Done:
Ds to school
Bible study lesson
Some housekeeping and laundry
Paid two bills
First tutoring session

To do:
Finish tutoring follow-up ✔️ 
Call mom ✔️ 
Post Office
Cook ribs. ✔️ 
Homework list ✔️ 
Afternoon tutoring ✔️ 
School meeting ✔️ 

Read. 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 3

Plans changed slightly.  I had decided to do a once over of the house because I really hate having anything dirty/dusty if the power goes out.  We will end up making more messes during that time and I didn't want them added on to what already gets done during the week.  So...

bathroom clean

living room clean

dining room clean

I'll do the kitchen and front room next, then my bedroom/bathroom.  I also have an extra kid coming over this evening for a quick grammar refresh.

• Like 2

Oh, my goodness.

One of "my" kids is a public school student.  He struggles mostly with test anxiety. It also means he gets overwhelmed with the material pretty quickly and shuts down if he's struggling to figure it out.  Anyhow, the kid has a grammar test tomorrow and requested a session.  No problem.  I asked his mom what he was covering so I could prep.  She forwarded me the vague emails from his teacher that said "grammar".  Alrighty.  I reached out to the teacher myself.  I had no problem last year with his teacher and followed the same pattern: identified myself/relationship to student.  Asked for a few concepts I could work on with him and I could prep ahead of time.  Also mentioned that I understand she's busy and if it's too much trouble, please don't worry about it.  We'll review based on what I know he has covered.

Y'all.  I got back an email that states "We're doing the unit 3 grammar test so he should cover that."  I have no idea what that is supposed to mean.  Unit 3.....in Wonders?  In HM?  In your school's designated Unit structure that isn't posted? It's not according to the state frameworks.  There's nothing on the school or district website that breaks material down by units.  All I know is this kid takes IXLs for much of his English homework.

For this kid's sake I hope tomorrow is a snow day.

• Sad 4

@HomeAgain  Are you getting that big snowstorm?  How much are you supposed to get?

It has been blue sunny skies here all day.  So odd to be Feb. and not have any snow on the ground at all.

Got laundry done, dinner was in the crockpot, cleaned the kitchen, schoolwork was done.

Got some paperwork done, now need to submit it. 

Maybe tomorrow make some appointments. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, mommyoffive said:

@HomeAgain  Are you getting that big snowstorm?  How much are you supposed to get?

1-8 inches, depending on who is forecasting.  Maybe less or more. 😄

He's on snow day.  So are all the schools and the base.  I mean, all the schools except for my child's.  Stupid heads.

I did get an outline from the kid's teacher, though.  So I have that.

• Like 4

@TravelingChris, I'm so thankful there are no clots!! 

@HomeAgain, I'm glad you got an outline. I've had similar issues with teachers from whom I have tried to get info to help students. 

My plans have changed because my friend can't go tonight. She will take me to breakfast tomorrow instead of dinner tonight.

I'm going to make us a quick dinner here, and I need to go to the grocery store. 

This evening, I'm meeting online with a student who has been struggling with some concepts. 

• Like 1

Oh, man, the kid came in telling me he had 2 hours' worth of work in the form of IXLs.  Because I could prep for just what he was being tested on I put him through some activities I had pulled first.  By the time he pulled out the computer he was pretty confident in his work and raced right through with only a handful of mistakes. The one IXL had over 100 questions answered before I worked with him, and he was so discouraged by it.

Kids are "playing", if that's what we call middle schoolers sharing videos on their tablets.  I'm watching the news and feeling blech about the incoming storm.  I told ds he wasn't going tomorrow no matter what, but I just got the call from the school, the LAST school in the county, mind you, to call off.

Activities are mostly cancelled tomorrow night.  I'm waiting to see if they all will be or not.

• Like 1

House is almost prepped.  Lanterns and candles are placed, snowblower is at the front of the garage along with the shovels and salt.  Current prediction is 8inches or so.  My batty child asked if his neighbor friend could stay the night.  Um....an extra body in the house when we may not have power and he can't escape?  No.  No, he can't.  If they lived on the same street, maybe, but this kid lives half a mile away down a hill. Plus he eats only a handful of things (and that's different from the handful of things my own kid will eat) so the kids always work around meal times. That may not be a possibility tomorrow.

Time to grind the coffee and finish filling water jugs.

• Like 1