Menu

Using Uber for the first time

saraha

Watch for the color, make and model, and once you find them/they find you, they should say your name before you get in. DS and I always share our rides with each other (DH not so much, but that’s a time difference thing when he travels and he doesn’t want to wake us).

• Like 1

Download the Uber app for your phone. Make sure you can login and you can see your payment choices (credit card, gift cards). You might want to activate share your trip status on the app https://www.uber.com/us/en/ride/how-it-works/share-status/

@Spryte I get to see the license number in my Uber app and I always screenshot to message my husband. I make sure the license number matches before getting in. 

• Like 2

Taking an uber from an airport can be a little different from other places. Normally you choose your pickup location (such as your current location). However, at an airport you will have to go to the specific area for ride sharing services. Depending on your airport, this location might be at a different terminal. You may also get assigned to a specific “lane” at the ride share area, depending on how big the airport is.

You can watch where your Uber is in the app so you know when it is getting close. 

• Like 2

It can be slightly more confusing at larger airports. There will be a ride share specific place for pickups. Follow the ride share signs to get there and then order your car. Sometimes they come to a specific labeled parking spot and that’s where you go meet them. Just double check the license plate to make sure you’re in the right car. 
you can share your ride, but I do think Ubers are pretty safe now. They are vetted and many have had thousands of trips by now. 

• Like 1