Menu

Would you eat this?

Scarlett

I cooked chicken breast, in my pressure cooker and forgot about them. I left the house and was gone for at least five hours. When I got home, I opened the pressure cooker and it was barely warm.

Would you eat them? I plan to cook them in a chicken pot pie tomorrow.

If they were sitting there for 5 hours with it off, I would not. If the cooker finished while you were out, and the time they were sitting without heat was less than an hour or so, I might. An hour without heat would be my limit. Wouldn't be worth the risk to me to find out after that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No, I wouldn't -- and I feel particularly strongly about this because I know you're dealing with diverticulitis right now and you're already on antibiotics, so I wouldn't want to add any potential problems to that. (I'm just thinking that if the chicken made you sick, you might not know for sure if it was the chicken on something related to the diverticulitis, and the last thing you need right now is anything that would upset your stomach or cause food poisoning.)

Edited by Catwoman
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Thanks guys. I tossed it. I was taking it to my job tomorrow because I am going to show my homeschool student how to make chicken pot pie. 

It might have been my imagination but I think it smelled off too. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, KungFuPanda said:

Can you grab some rotisserie chickens and just use those? I’d be running to Costco if time was short and telling them what happened as a cautionary tale and lesson on food safety. 

Fortunately I already had some cooked and shredded in the freezer so I will just use that.  

• Like 2