Menu

Huge Deals at Michaels & Joann

TechWife

I thought some of you might appreciate these deals. It's a good time to stock up for summer crafts, coops, camps, etc.

Happy Shopping!

General:

Camp Creatology Christmas Craft Kits - this is just one example; all of these Christmas kits are buy 1 get 3 free; can mix & match; original prices vary

30% off regular priced items w/code JOLLY30US

free shipping on purchases over $49

Many of their craft & paint kits for kids & teens are on sale for approx. 30-50% off

The following kits are on sale for $2.99 each:

Camp Creatology Have Fun Craft Kit reg. $14.99

Camp Creatology Hello Summer Craft Kit reg. $14.99

Camp Creatology Assorted Canvas Paint Sets reg. $7.99 - you can't pick which pattern you get

Creatology Cats Canvas painting Kit reg. $7.99

Creatology Unicorn Canvas Painting Kit reg. $7.99

It looks like all of the Canvas Painting Kits are $2.99 each - They also have flowers & others

Examples Using 30% off Coupon Code JOLLY30US:

Creatology 25 piece mini art set $2.79 reg. $3.99 each

Neon Felt Ribbon Flower Craft kit $2.79 reg. $3.99 each

Creatology Jungle Animal Gem Craft Kit $2.79 reg. $3.99 each

Creatology Dino Gem Craft Kit $2.79 reg. $3.99 each

Unicorn Rainbow Sun Catcher Kit $2.79 reg $3.99 each

Creatology Space Gem Craft Kit $2.79 reg. 3.99 each

They also have several other gem craft kits

Edited by TechWife
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• TechWife changed the title to Huge Deals at Michaels & Joann

Joann Deals:

70% off POP Kids Christmas Craft kits - example in link. Many of all types to choose from.

Cricut Accessories 40% off

Top Notch Matte Acrylic Paints 10/$5 reg. $0.99 each

Melt ‘Ems 4/$10 reg $4.99 each

Print & Cardstoxk open stock paper 10/$3 reg. $0.79 - $0.99 each

Thames & Kosmos puzzles & kits 20% off

Coupons - 

40% off 1 reg. Price item

20% off total pickup order

10% off order of $75+

Free shipping $75+

• Thanks 1

I got the last garland in stock at Michael's,, but I needed another one to complete what I was doing.  all the local stores were out, they were out online.  I  ended up on the walmart site where they wanted almost full price . . . . . guess where it shipped from???   NOT walmart!    

The most recent time I was at Joann’s, it seemed to me like it was going in the direction of bankruptcy. And this was the big one, not the satellite one that has been in that condition for years. 

Empty shelves, inadequate staffing, ZERO good watercolor supplies, no Arches paper…it was abysmal. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Ginevra said:

The most recent time I was at Joann’s, it seemed to me like it was going in the direction of bankruptcy. And this was the big one, not the satellite one that has been in that condition for years. 

Empty shelves, inadequate staffing, ZERO good watercolor supplies, no Arches paper…it was abysmal. 

Ours too. There's been a large cart of merchandise still in the boxes in the Happy Planner aisle for at least 6 weeks. Us and others impatient for the new stock finally started opening them ourselves so we can buy the darn stuff. Super frustrating. They also don't seem to be repairing burned out lights. It's scary because this is our favorite craft store. We have a Michaels in the same shopping center and then a Hobby Lobby a few miles further down the road but we always go to Joann's first.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stephanier.1765 said:

Ours too. There's been a large cart of merchandise still in the boxes in the Happy Planner aisle for at least 6 weeks. Us and others impatient for the new stock finally started opening them ourselves so we can buy the darn stuff. Super frustrating. They also don't seem to be repairing burned out lights. It's scary because this is our favorite craft store. We have a Michaels in the same shopping center and then a Hobby Lobby a few miles further down the road but we always go to Joann's first.

To me, Joann’s has always been *THE* place for material and sewing supplies (even machine sales). Sure, they had other crafts and art stuff, but knocked it out of the park as far as material and sewing notions. Neither Michaels or Hobby Lobby is comparable for sewing. I do wonder how I will ever get fabric and sewing supplies in the future if Joann’s goes under. But it does look like it’s heading in that direction. 

The satellite Joann’s I used to go to would sometimes have the checkout lane *blocked off*, because there was only one employee for cutting counter AND clerking. You had to go to the cutting counter to ask the one employee to please cash you out. 

• Like 2

So I went in to Joann’s and it was, as usual, kinda messy. They were out of stock on the sewing notion needed (swimsuit clip) and the gel art section was near bare. I picked up some basic matte acrylics for a good deal and a pad of acrylic sheets. I also got a new door wreath for 70% off to replace the one birds nested in last year. 

There were many items on clearance, even non-holiday things, so I do wonder if something is on the horizon wrt a shutdown. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Catwoman said:

The JoAnn stores near me are always immaculately clean and very well-stocked.

I don’t expect to find good artist-quality paint or paper there, though, because they don’t really market themselves to fine artists.

I get most supplies from Blick but if I’m doing a simple craft and the sale is good, Joann’s can tempt me. 

• Like 1

One of the reasons Joann's is always our first stop for crafting/sewing supplies is because of their coupons. I almost never pay full price for anything. I wait until I have a coupon or it's on sale. Michael's coupons aren't much of a discount and Hobby Lobby got rid of theirs altogether. I'm sure I can't be the only one that shops that way at Joann's. I wonder, if in my search for good deals, I'm partly responsible for their financial strains.

48 minutes ago, stephanier.1765 said:

I wonder, if in my search for good deals, I'm partly responsible for their financial strains.

Only in the larger sense that all of us would like to pay as little as possible for most things. As far as JoAnn specifically, they seem to use a sales model similar to Kohl's or JC Penny's, where everything is always either on sale or covered by a coupon (rarely both). If you go in without a coupon you often find the item you want is on sale. So while I've been hearing rumors of Joann's demise, our price sensitivity is not at the root. 😀

I would be sorry to see JoAnn go under, though. I've never given the store a lot of respect, but it has always been there for me and my crafting needs. If they go under I'll be 100% online, which is hard for yarn and fabric.

Edited by Miss Tick
  • Like 1