Menu

Sunday-Tackling or Resting-Dec. 10, 2023

math teacher

Good morning, everyone!! What are your plans? Whatever you decide, hope you have a great day!!

My list will be short and sweet again today.

Paint!!! I should be able to finish up the touch up on two walls in about 30 minutes, then get as much done as possible on the final wall. Still need to decide how to paint the door and closet, but I'm not going to stress about the closet right now. It does have to be painted, because it's kind of a light turquoise and it doesn't have a door. The rest of the room is gray. Easier to just put up a door? I don't know.

• Like 6

home from my niece's graduation -- I'm so glad we went! 

Today, I have already helped DS study for his geology final (will be 10 short answer questions, from a list of 20 questions given to study) - we practiced him writing the answers w/a timer (dyslexia), and then I looked over it and circled the review sheet sections he needs to work on 

Next up, fencing tournament, last one until about March or so. Leaving shortly to go do that. 

DH put dinner in the crockpot for the kids.

• Like 4

I need to tackle.  Didn't do nearly enough client work yesterday.

I started the day with a shower / hair wash.  Of course the dog had to immediately smear his nose and lick me on my leg.  Why is he like that?  😛

I ate a fruit and took my vitamins.  Need to eat veggies and drink lots of water.

I caught up on news, social media, emails, and calendar.

Wished my niece happy birthday.

Once I finish my current (2nd) cup of coffee, I'll go downstairs and switch out the laundry and get some more coffee.

After my hair is completely dry, I'll take the dog for a nice walk, I hope.

Hope to fit in my "yoga etc." also.  And a little reading.

I have some things I'd like to do with my kids, but homework comes first ... and they will drag out the homework ... so it probably won't happen.

If I have a chance, I would like to finish some personal administrative things, online Christmas shopping, and some purging.  We'll see.

• Like 5

Busy day! 

I’ve been to church, taught 1st grade Sunday school, cleaned the kitchen, made lunch, and had the kids clarify their evening plans. They are going out to eat and to a movie after evening church. Need to be back at church in 2 hrs. Children sing at the Vespers service tonight and I am helping with crowd control. 

To do before I leave:
Take medication ✔️ 
Make hot tea ✔️ 
Start dishwasher ✔️ 
Rest a bit - off my feet ✔️ 

Dd is putting the lights on the tree. 😊

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 3

Last load of clothes is in the washer.  I think I should go walk the dog now; it will be dark pretty soon.

Thinking I'll walk down to the mailbox about a mile away and mail a bill payment.  But wait ... maybe I'd better wait until I can drop it inside the post office.  People have been stealing checks out of the mail recently.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Evening Advent service was lovely! Kids sang well. I enjoyed visiting afterwards. 

Called to check on my mom.

About to make a light supper and read. It would be a good night for a fire, but I need some fatwood and firestarters - on my list for this week! 

8 more days until Ds is on Christmas break! 

• Like 1