Menu

Amazon call re: potential identity theft

madteaparty

Amazon won't call you.
The IRS won't call you.

Microsoft won't call you.

It's fraud.   just remember, staying on the line, keeps them from scamming someone else.
there's one guy who delights in stringing them along.  When they get to the point of hanging up, he'll change up his game to keep them on the line longer.  (but this guy has also hacked into their systems, and stolen their files right out from under them - he turns them over to law enforcement.)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, PeterPan said:

Oh I LOVE talking with those! I harrass them right back! What is my free cruise offer? They usually hang up on me, not sure why.

One of my dd's does this, too.  She pretends to be from different countries sometimes, or plays really dumb, among many other things.  She says it's fun.  She was telling me I should try it.  

And, yeah, they end up hanging up on her, too.  lol

• Haha 2

Lately I've just been asking them if they've been trafficked into this job against their wills - a huge problem in some places.

One day a couple of years ago I was clapping back against a scam call and realized the guy making the call sounded so incredibly depressed, and I realized he absolutely did NOT want to be on the phone scamming people. Then I read an article on the cyber-scam human trafficking connection, and thought, wow, was I adding to these people's burden? 

If I had info to give them about where they can get help I'd absolutely give that out on every scam call.

Related article

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, GailV said:

Lately I've just been asking them if they've been trafficked into this job against their wills - a huge problem in some places.

One day a couple of years ago I was clapping back against a scam call and realized the guy making the call sounded so incredibly depressed, and I realized he absolutely did NOT want to be on the phone scamming people. Then I read an article on the cyber-scam human trafficking connection, and thought, wow, was I adding to these people's burden? 

If I had info to give them about where they can get help I'd absolutely give that out on every scam call.

Related article

Ok, mind blown. I had no clue.

• Like 2