Menu

how to get rid of corn on underside of toe

Ditto

Lots of remedies posted on the internet.  But has anyone here been successful?  If so, what did you do to get rid of the painful thing?   I have one on the underside of my 4th toe and it hurts to walk without shoes/socks and is pretty big.  I have never had one before so this is new and not fun!

Just now, cintinative said:

I have used the over the counter corn pads.  Usually after a few days I can use a pumice stone/peel back the dead tissue and I have a lot of relief. 

the trick is to not get them again. 🙂

Thank you!  I have no idea how I got this one.   In researching the causes, nothing fits.    Were you able to get a pumice stone in the tiny area behind the toe?   Tomorrow I am buying corn pads and a pumice stone.

22 minutes ago, Ditto said:

Thank you!  I have no idea how I got this one.   In researching the causes, nothing fits.    Were you able to get a pumice stone in the tiny area behind the toe?   Tomorrow I am buying corn pads and a pumice stone.

I get them sort of between the last two toes but slightly behind. It is hard to get pumice in there but sometimes I can. My husband has a sort of pumice wand that works. ETA: stick? Pumice wand pictures are wrong

mine is because of my toe shape, but I also need a wide toe box.  If you get them chronically and well-fitting shoes don’t work, orthotics might help. 🙂 

Edited by cintinative
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Ditto said:

I had something I thought was a corn but it was a plantar wart  if there's no reason it has occurred in that location,  is there a trusted adult who can look closely for a black dot?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Laura Corin said:

I had something I thought was a corn but it was a plantar wart  if there's no reason it has occurred in that location,  is there a trusted adult who can look closely for a black dot?

I wondered about this, too. Plantar warts often but do not always have a black dot. You can also look to see if the pattern of skin lines (toe prints!) is disrupted. Warts will disrupt the pattern, while corns will not. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Laura Corin said:

1 hour ago, MercyA said:

I wondered about this, too. Plantar warts often but do not always have a black dot. You can also look to see if the pattern of skin lines (toe prints!) is disrupted. Warts will disrupt the pattern, while corns will not. 

Thank you both!   I investigated and it is definitely a corn.    This is good info, thank you for sharing it.

• Like 3