Menu

What is safest way to accept money when selling items through fb?

GoVanGogh

It has been a long time since I sold anything on fb, but I am in need of some cash due to DH’s medical bills. 
I know to meet at police station, but what is the safest way to get the money? Cash? PP? Pros and cons? I don’t think I will be selling things I am likely to be scammed on but want to be careful. 

3 minutes ago, GoVanGogh said:

I was worried about cash due to counterfeiting. Is that not a big concern? Thanks! 

What sums are you talking about? If it's something large, like a car, do a certified cheque. Back in the olden days, before e-transfers, it was cash deposit and certified cheque. With a cheque, you have a record of the transaction, which may be a nice thing, especially for a vehicle, for future liability (issues with safety, etc.).

• Like 1

Cash only!!!!!! And always meet at a place with an ATM. My favorite place to meet is Target or grocery store in the Starbucks. Small size, very public and if they try to say “I didn’t bring enough money or change”, I direct them to the ATM or cashier.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Tap said:

Cash only!!!!!! And always meet at a place with an ATM. My favorite place to meet is Target or grocery store in the Starbucks. Small size, very public and if they try to say “I didn’t bring enough money or change”, I direct them to the ATM or cashier.

Same here.  I stopped meeting at our stop at the local police station as it didn’t feel as safe as in front of large store.  Plus, they have access to get cash incase the “forgot”. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wintermom said:

What sums are you talking about? If it's something large, like a car, do a certified cheque. Back in the olden days, before e-transfers, it was cash deposit and certified cheque. With a cheque, you have a record of the transaction, which may be a nice thing, especially for a vehicle, for future liability (issues with safety, etc.).

No cars or anything over a couple hundred.