Menu

What’s the latest on the Canadian wildfires/air quality?

athena1277

We live far enough south that we have not really been impacted by the bad air quality from the Canadian wildfires, but dd is going this weekend to Michigan, which I know has had some bad air quality days recently.  Is it getting better finally?  Or will it possibly get really bad again if the winds blow that way?

I am on the Lake Huron side. Yesterday our morning AQI was 33. Today it is 75. But it is going to drop tonight and may be in the 30's again. Detroit and Kalamazoo have had horrible air. Very very bad. So it is going to depend on where she is going. At our worst, we have not been as bad as Detroit, Grand Rapids, or Muskegon.

Edited by Faith-manor

25 minutes ago, Faith-manor said:

I am on the Lake Huron side. Yesterday our morning AQI was 33. Today it is 75. But it is going to drop tonight and may be in the 30's again. Detroit and Kalamazoo have had horrible air. Very very bad. So it is going to depend on where she is going. At our worst, we have not been as bad as Detroit, Grand Rapids, or Muskegon.

She’ll be near Grand Rapids.

Well I've been in Wisconsin and Minnesota parts the last 5 days and all has been well.  When we've had it, it's like it just pops up.  Seems not super predictable.  And it would be bad for a couple days and move on.  

I’m in Northeast Ohio and ours is 105 today, after a break of a few days where we could be outside. 105 is way better than our peak around 300, but I still smell smoke and feel it in my throat. Had hoped to swim and eat on our patio today but the air isn’t healthy enough for that. I’m realizing how much time I typically spend outside and how much joy and emotional health it brings me on a daily basis. Really not a fan of this winter-in-summer staying indoors vibe!