Menu

Remember the trip to Florida with EX being planned?

Well, thanks to the fact exFIL is insane, the trip is cancelled! I'm not exactly sure what set him off this time, but the bottom line is, after saying I was welcome, he decided that I was NOT welcome (something about not being invited to our wedding, even though he was) and that DD is a smart girl and should be able to "handle anything she hears" with understanding. WTH? Anyway, EX told him the bottom line is that if we come down, I'm coming. We don't have to stay with him, we don't have to see him, but he can't forbid the entire state to me and he wasn't going to hold the trip hostage because he has a bee in his bonnet. EX said that during the conversation, FIL kept saying he could "feel his congestive heart failure acting up" at the mere thought of my presence. (I never knew I was so powerful. People really oughta watch out for me. EX BIL thinks I'm "sinister and evil" and now I have the power to bring on congestive heart failure in sick old men. I really should channel all this power for good, eh?)

So, we're not going. Whoopee! On the downside, DD is disappointed in not seeing Sea World. We're looking into taking her somewhere for a vacation, just not Florida.

FIL kept saying he could "feel his congestive heart failure acting up" at the mere thought of my presence. (I never knew I was so powerful. People really oughta watch out for me. EX BIL thinks I'm "sinister and evil" and now I have the power to bring on congestive heart failure in sick old men. I really should channel all this power for good, eh?)

Wow, could you train me in the ways of the force Yoda?

ETA: I am in an extremely odd mood today, so I am a tad snarkier than usual. I would never say that IRL.:tongue_smilie:

Kudos to your EX for standing up for you!

Are there any cool aquariums within an hour or tow of you? My dc have enjoyed aquariums without all the crowds more than the Sea World type.

That's the first time he's ever done that, too.

We could go to Shedd Aquarium in Chicago, but she's really wanting to GO somewhere. So, we'll see. I want to take her to the Creation Museum in KY, so that's an option, too.

Well, thanks to the fact exFIL is insane, the trip is cancelled! I'm not exactly sure what set him off this time, but the bottom line is, after saying I was welcome, he decided that I was NOT welcome (something about not being invited to our wedding, even though he was) and that DD is a smart girl and should be able to "handle anything she hears" with understanding. WTH? Anyway, EX told him the bottom line is that if we come down, I'm coming. We don't have to stay with him, we don't have to see him, but he can't forbid the entire state to me and he wasn't going to hold the trip hostage because he has a bee in his bonnet. EX said that during the conversation, FIL kept saying he could "feel his congestive heart failure acting up" at the mere thought of my presence. (I never knew I was so powerful. People really oughta watch out for me. EX BIL thinks I'm "sinister and evil" and now I have the power to bring on congestive heart failure in sick old men. I really should channel all this power for good, eh?)

:lol:

Oh Michelle! :grouphug:

If it helps, my family can't stand me either. I am up for adoption and I have always wanted a sister. Are you interested?

So, we're not going. Whoopee! On the downside, DD is disappointed in not seeing Sea World. We're looking into taking her somewhere for a vacation, just not Florida.

I vote for New England. I know some real nice people there you could visit :D

:lol:

Oh Michelle! :grouphug:

If it helps, my family can't stand me either. I am up for adoption and I have always wanted a sister. Are you interested?

I vote for New England. I know some real nice people there you could visit :D

Hey, where do we go to adopt each other? Do we need a license?

I'd LOVE to see New England. Besides Alaska and Hawaii, it's the only part of the US I've not seen. Oh, that and the Pacific NW. The extreme corners of the country, I guess. LOL

Hey, where do we go to adopt each other? Do we need a license?

I'd LOVE to see New England. Besides Alaska and Hawaii, it's the only part of the US I've not seen. Oh, that and the Pacific NW. The extreme corners of the country, I guess. LOL

Hey, I'm from the Pacific NW and while I have 2 sisters, I say, the more the merrier. You can't possibly be weirder then we are.:D

EX said that during the conversation, FIL kept saying he could "feel his congestive heart failure acting up" at the mere thought of my presence. (I never knew I was so powerful. People really oughta watch out for me. EX BIL thinks I'm "sinister and evil" and now I have the power to bring on congestive heart failure in sick old men. I really should channel all this power for good, eh?)

Ohhhhh, can i pay you to channel that my way please?

One set of in-laws due to leave CA after Christmas to park in my driveway for a MONTH.

Last year it was 3 months.

Drat - we could have met up at the Genius Bar at THE STORE :tongue_smilie:

Your post reminded me of my MIL and BIL....they swear I'm the "darkness" in our home and I'm "going to hell and taking the kids with"; one of them MAY be lucky enough to escape this fate. Oh and I'm trying to "kill my husband by keeping him from his family" (yet, HE'S the one that wants nothing doing with them and *I'm the one that tried over and over and, yeah, finally agreed to call it quits).

We looked up something called Narcissistic Personality Disorder...yep, they fit the bill PERFECTLY. Solution: no contact. :)

...now I have the power to bring on congestive heart failure in sick old men. I really should channel all this power for good, eh?)...

Hummmm....I can think of a few people I could use your 'gift' on. ;)

Seriously though, x-FIL sounds like a self-centered, grumpy old coot. You're better off not having to deal with him.