Menu

Explode the Code users: Do you use the Teacher's Guide or just the student book?

MitchellMom

Just wondering if you use the Teacher's Guide or just the workbook. I know this might be an odd question but I'd love to know what other moms do! I have both but don't want to overwhelm my 4.5 year old. She's on ETC 2 and the workbook seems like enough, but if I'd be leaving something out and therefore hurting her learning, I don't want to skip those teacher's lessons any longer. :) Thanks!

To me, that made it into a complete program.

Now that I've been using OPGTR, I just let her do the ETC workbook by itself. We're doing the workbook a bit behind where we are in OPGTR, so I consider the ETC to be reinforcement.

OK, I confess: I don't know what OPGTR stands for. :001_smile:

I used just the workbook for my dd-because I wasn't aware of the TG-but decided to buy the TG for ds's stuff when he started. I've only used it once! We felt it was a waste of money. But...If you can actually look at one in person before you buy, that might make your mind up. I ordered mine on line, so I wasn't able to see it first.

That's our main phonics program.

I see! We are using 100 EZ Lessons so the ETC is reinforcement. I just don't see the point of the TM and I regret buying them. I guess they're good to reinforce what is shown in the workbook but really ... I already am overwhelmed enough and have enough for dd to do!