Menu

Pardon me while I vent

Emba

12 hours ago, Eos said:

Last week, before your current name, you were here on this forum as a Holocaust denier.  Now you're talking about toxic femininity, submission, and feminism? Read the room. 

When you've navigated raising sons, daughters, or non-binary kids through the teen years, let us know how it all went.

I decided that I did not want to use my real name on an Internet forum. Most of you don’t either. So…I changed it.

I never denied the Holocaust. 

1. People have a right to free thought, and to seek knowledge, and to question the world around them. There is no crime in questioning historical events. It is necessary.

2. I stated that I found the topic interesting, and looked into it myself. Again, no crime. I acknowledged that people had died, and although tragic, the political reasons given for the event may not be as we were taught. I did not deny then nor now, that people died. 

3. I still stand for freedom to choose what one thinks. If someone denies that people died, then maybe their research brought them to a different place than it did me. I did not find that people never died, just that there are something’s awry politically, which you can’t handle, so I will withhold my knowledge in regards to the political stage during WW2. I wouldn’t want you to be traumatized.

4. All of these things are transcribed in a post that was (surprise) deleted. 

5. I would encourage you to research the word ‘holocaust’. It may lead you on an interesting journey, or…probably not considering your disposition toward knowledge.

I am sure you still teach your children about the righteousness of Christopher Columbus, and that of course people fly to the moon, but we love the Truth, and value research in our home. You do you-

Feminism is and has been discussed philosophically and politically ad nauseam. Nowhere is it taboo or a crime to point it out in real time. If it is okay to use the term “toxic masculinity” then is is equally good to use the term “toxic femininity” . I think you would agree.

Submission is not taboo. I responded logically to a post about obedience, which is only found in Scripture. What is your problem?

As for your last statement, I understand it was meant to be mean, but it was underwhelming, and doesn’t need rebuttal.

Edited by ArteHaus
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, WildflowerMom said:

It’ll probably have something horrible to do with the holocaust, since they’ve been outed.    
its hard to show kindness to a holocaust denier.    But I’ll try.  

No one has been outed, as I stated in another post, it is not wise to have one’s real name as a username, not something I usually do, so I changed it. Again, nor do you use your real name, so I think you could understand.

You birds are delusional and ignorant (to say the least). 

You apparently didn’t read my posts, but are fallen under the Tyranny of the Majority. It’s a spiritual flaw, I can’t help you. 

I am sure you are at some church every SUNday, excited about vaccinations and wearing a mask in your car.

Good luck-

9 hours ago, Catwoman said:

Seems that this particular boardie likes to troll threads to attract attention to herself (or himself, for all we know,) and try to start trouble. 

I wonder what his or her next new username will be. 🤪

I think that calling a young boy stupid, dumb, effeminate is starting trouble. I will always speak up when something is out of line. I am sorry that your cowardice prevents you from doing so.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Emba said:

Again, I would like to suggest you employ better reading comprehension. Not just with what you say in the post I’m quoting, but in all of them. You state that I say he’s controlling , which I didn’t ever say. You say this is about him wanting her to “match him”, and it isn’t. He wants her to wear colors that look flattering to him, to his hair/eye colors, presumably.

you say “Mother and daughter are annoyed that he daré usurp. . . Etc” 

you’re making things up that aren’t written here or present in reality. DD didn’t mention it to me because SHE is annoyed. I am annoyed. 

But whatever. Tell yourself whatever helps you work up a good head of self-righteous steam. It just, you know, helps with the righteousness thing (and helps others not take offense) if you restrict yourself to responding to things that have actually been said.

He wants to look good too. What is the deal? Why not take another date, and not trash the young man? 

11 hours ago, Emba said:

I have a lot of strong  opinions about color. Like, I love color, it matters to me.  It’s not always because of the way some colors look on me (pink is quite flattering but it is not me, and I don’t feel like myself if I’m dressed in large quantities of pink).  Some colors just make me happy. Some are too boring.  All of the colors I can’t stand to wear I may love on others if they wear them, or in a painting or a quilt. So maybe that’s part of why this is setting me off so much.  

Plus DH does not try to influence what I wear at all, maybe twice in our marriage that I remember he’s said something critical/ not a compliment about what I’m wearing. 

I find this interesting. Then WHY criminalize the young kid for having strong opinions about color?? You and this young man apparently care about color, and yes maybe that is the issue. I still say that because you have strong opinions about it, you seem upset that he does too, therefore, feeling as if you are losing a bit of control in the situation. 

Again, my issue is not really so much with you or your post. 

I find it vile to see women so easily degrading a child and calling him names. That is highly disturbing.  I simply exposed why they felt validated in doing that (feminism!) I think that was too much mental sporting for the whole lot on this thread. 

If folks can glorify Ronald Reagan and call children names, I can point out that it’s wrong-

Why do some women have rocks in their head? I mean, I have held many a philosophical conversation in my life. People in “real life” don’t act as silly as the women on this thread. 

• Confused 2

5 hours ago, WildflowerMom said:

This is something I have spent time mulling over. What is the “correct” way to treat a holocaust denier (or other similar beliefs)? It  feels wrong to pretend it’s just fine and to ignore the elephant in the room. That feels like a “it’s not that bad” kind of response. But, for those who believe in a “love thy neighbor…regardless” worldview, what does it look like in real life, to love thy neighbor without accepting abhorrent beliefs? 

Realizing this should probably be a new thread if we’re actually going to discuss it. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, KSera said:

This is something I have spent time mulling over. What is the “correct” way to treat a holocaust denier (or other similar beliefs)? It  feels wrong to pretend it’s just fine and to ignore the elephant in the room. That feels like a “it’s not that bad” kind of response. But, for those who believe in a “love thy neighbor…regardless” worldview, what does it look like in real life, to love thy neighbor without accepting abhorrent beliefs? 

Realizing this should probably be a new thread if we’re actually going to discuss it. 

Okay, you guys are delusional and this is a bit comical at this point.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, KSera said:

Idk.    As a Christian, I'm called to love everyone, not call them fools, etc.    but I'm also not Jesus, so He can't expect perfection.  🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, WildflowerMom said:

It’ll probably have something horrible to do with the holocaust, since they’ve been outed.    

3 hours ago, KSera said:

I think it's pretty clear that this person joined the forum with the sole intention of trolling and trying to start trouble by derailing threads. 

I suspect this person doesn't even believe most of what "she" is posting here, but that she has figured out some hot buttons and is pushing them just to get a reaction out of us. 

@Emba  I'm sorry your thread was hijacked; I thought it was an interesting topic and I share your concern about your dd's prom date.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1