Menu

Orthotics for flat feet medium arch

crazyforlatin

These are the ones my podiatrist highly recommends.  

https://www.suprememed.com/powerstep-protech-control-full-length/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAhMOMBhDhARIsAPVml-GvGQtEzqvHXzTbz5YMeK9v0AxpRUhfTWRSQQaoCQY1vJOV9GLWleYaAkDKEALw_wcB

I've also heard good things about Superfeet green insoles but I don't have experience with them.

Edited by Kassia
  • Thanks 1

I've used superfeet green and superfeet purple.  The purple ones are medium arch (ETA they call these ones Berry).  Anyway, both my spouse and I have had a GREAT experience with superfeet inserts.  

Edited by catz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks so much everyone! I just emailed suprememd since they are out of stock of my size (asking if I can cut down a whole size) and ordered super feet purple due to medium arch. 

So because I do have an arch when just sitting and not standing, I didn’t know I had flat feet until 3 years ago. Explains a lot why all my shoes had a warped look.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, crazyforlatin said:

Thanks so much everyone! I just emailed suprememd since they are out of stock of my size (asking if I can cut down a whole size) and ordered super feet purple due to medium arch. 

So because I do have an arch when just sitting and not standing, I didn’t know I had flat feet until 3 years ago. Explains a lot why all my shoes had a warped look.

Hope your feet are happy with the super feet purple! 

You can also get the supremmd ones at Amazon - I bought a pair for my son there.  https://www.amazon.com/Powerstep-Protech-Control-Insoles-6-6-5/dp/B006C6PFI8

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Kassia said:

Hope your feet are happy with the super feet purple! 

You can also get the supremmd ones at Amazon - I bought a pair for my son there.  https://www.amazon.com/Powerstep-Protech-Control-Insoles-6-6-5/dp/B006C6PFI8

Yay they have my size! 

8 minutes ago, Indigo Blue said:

Our son’s podiatrist recommended Birkenstock for ds very flat feet. Maybe these would do until you get new ones made?

I have a high arch and I no longer wear my custom orthotics. I am happier with the ones I bought from Good Feet. 

Birkenstock is what the podiatrist recommended - I wear them at home. I’ve been waiting for the Boston clogs but it looks like it’s so popular no one carries them at the moment.

Is Good Feet the one where you go in to try orthotics? We have one about 40 miles away.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crazyforlatin said:

Yay they have my size! 

Birkenstock is what the podiatrist recommended - I wear them at home. I’ve been waiting for the Boston clogs but it looks like it’s so popular no one carries them at the moment.

Is Good Feet the one where you go in to try orthotics? We have one about 40 miles away.

Yes. But I don’t know if they are good for flat feet. They are pretty aggressive and take a long time to adjust to.

58 minutes ago, Indigo Blue said:

Yes. But I don’t know if they are good for flat feet. They are pretty aggressive and take a long time to adjust to.

Dd who has flat feet couldn’t go through the adjustment period. I did because I had to since my podiatrist was insistent that I use them at home. I still don’t find them comfortable like these, Joomra Pillow Slippers, probably not doing anything for flat feet.

Edited by crazyforlatin
Couldn’t link
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Carol in Cal. said:

I have an OTC orthotic that has snap in arches in three heights.  Seemed like a brilliant idea!

They were recommended here, and are called Walk Fit.

Thank you! I just bought this too 😂. I have a few pairs of shoes that I don’t want to remove the orthotics each time.

• Like 2

I don’t know a lot about most things, but, as someone who has worn both Walk Fit and Good Feet for years, I CAN give an educated opinion on the difference between between these two.

Walk Fit is designed to perform like an orthotic from Good Feet. It essentially looks the same. (In fact, when I bought my GF, the people helping me were amazed when I pulled the WF out of my shoes, as they did not know there was anything on the market that copied GF so closely). 

The main difference between the two is that GF has heel control and offers much more stability and control of the motion of the foot. They are both comparable to each other in the support of the metatarsal area, both having a well-placed, rigid metatarsal bump. 

GF are more supportive and more aggressive. WF are actually decent orthotics, but for some people, it’s not enough. A lot of folks think GF is just a scam. I was skeptical, too, but my feet are very bad, and they are the only thing that gives me this level of control. 

I just did not buy the relaxers that they sell that go along with the main GF orthotic supports. I saved money that way, but that  might not be a good choice for most people. Those relaxers give your feet a break from the aggressive supports. I don’t need the relaxers as I absolutely need the aggressive supports under my feet at all times. 

GF states that you pay the (very steep) price once, then you can come back when/if you need a replacement pair at no charge. This is something I didn’t know before I walked into their store. So, knowing that, I bought them. I can’t do without them any more than I can my eyeglasses. 

GF arches all look the same, but each type  is a different color. Each type is a notch up in the level of support. The ones they most commonly sell take a serious adjustment period. The other ones are even more aggressive! I can’t imagine what foot type could adjust to those high levels of support. I need tons of support, but these higher support ones felt extremely rigid and unyielding under my feet, although the support felt good. Just not something you could walk around in. This is saying a lot, because I can really tough it out when it comes to wearing aggressive supports. 

So, again, WF has a great metatarsal support, and they are great for lots of people. GF just has more total foot control and is more aggressive. And I will say between WF and my old custom made orthotics, WF wins. For the price, if they work for you, it’s a great option. For some people, the heel control and overall more support and stability is important, and GF works better. 

Sorry this got so long.

• Thanks 1