Menu

What signatures on the homeschool diploma?

I am planning to order a diploma from Home School Diploma.com and having a hard time determining what I want for the titles of the signatures. It feels cheapening to my role in this to list my husband as the admin and me as the instructor. I was definitely the admin lol. Yet, I want my husbands signature on there . . . Maybe co-administrator? What did you all use or suggest?

• Like 1

On DD's I put Teacher/Mother, Principal/Father.  On DS's I put Administrator (for DH) and Instructor (for me).  I never really worried too much about what the actually work load was.  We all knew that I was the one who did the planning, teaching, coordinating, etc., while DH was the one who worked hard to pay for me to be able to stay home.

However, I think that you should put whatever makes you feel comfortable and happy.  If that is co-administrators or superintendent and administrator, it really is up to you.  Maybe you could list him as academic advisor?  Maybe think about what role he felt he played and try to come up with a suitable title for it.

I asked them to leave them blank. You can't do it on their form, but you can just ask them to do it and it'll just be a line. I wanted two lines so I could sign and the kids could sign. Sort of as a joint thing - we did this together. Which I stupidly said when I messaged them to ask that it be blank. And HomeschoolDiploma was like, that's illegal, this is a legal document and students cannot sign it. OMG. I died laughing. Like, no it's not, you dummies. Also, I got the idea from an actual school that does that. I can do it however I want. Like, what the heck do you think you're even saying? And they sold it to me blank anyway.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Eos said:

We make ours similar to Quaker wedding certificates and have family, friends, and mentors all sign them as community witnesses to our kids' journeys.  Could your husband be listed as a loving witness?

That's what I initially wanted, but the kids nixed it. Alas. I didn't raise them Quaker enough.

• Like 1